Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Default Re: How to save the position of context-driven windows

radiorog,
    I can't find a way to select the position I want for these windows and save it from session to session in an F-Key file. Or have I missed something?
    ...The size of an FX window is saved to an F-Key, but not the location ... as Dave noted, so this point is correct. But I am not too sure about the SoundFile view window. Maybe you can provide a bit more detail. For example, if I position the SoundFile view window below the MultiTrack and save that view to F1, then I position the SoundFile view window where the MultiTrack was, and save that view to F2, both F1 and F2 views are can be recalled, and are retained after a BuildMix operation.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    radiorog,
    ...The size of an FX window is saved to an F-Key, but not the location ... as Dave noted, so this point is correct. But I am not too sure about the SoundFile view window. Maybe you can provide a bit more detail. For example, if I position the SoundFile view window below the MultiTrack and save that view to F1, then I position the SoundFile view window where the MultiTrack was, and save that view to F2, both F1 and F2 views are can be recalled, and are retained after a BuildMix operation.
    Yeah, looks like SF view is does not suffer this limitation. Not sure why we thought so. Like Bob said, the other one was intended to pop-up near where you click the button. That wouldn't apply to the SF view, though. I guess the FX Choices pop-up is much like the E Mixer pop-up in this regard. Or was that already part of this thread? Sorry. I'm losing my mind.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Blog Entries

Dave,
    Sorry. I'm losing my mind.
    ... I received a package today from Amazon Prime with your mind in it. Shall return it?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Dave,
    ... I received a package today from Amazon Prime with your mind in it. Shall return it?
    Your call. It's not exactly Einstein's brain, so I would understand if you did.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts