Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Alberta Canada
    Posts
    66

    Default SawStudio Lite...Updates

    Bob....as SawStudio Lite32 is no longer offered...will we still be able to get updates?, as SawStudio Lite is the same program as SawStudio Full32.
    Laughing Crow Studios
    Alberta Canada

  2. #2

    Default Re: SawStudio Lite...Updates

    Saw Sudio lite 32 is still offered theres an update out for it now. Theres no SawStudio lite 64.
    Last edited by Paul Helmers; 01-08-2019 at 04:28 PM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Cambridge, United Kingdom
    Posts
    68

    Default Re: SawStudio Lite...Updates

    I am a Lite user too; and seldom, if ever require more than 48 tracks. Mr Lentini put a lot of effort into that new site, I best read it more in depth

    (...60 seconds later...)

    it's a $500 upgrade path

    Lite to Full32 is $200
    +Full32 to Full64 is $300
    Last edited by Todd R; 01-08-2019 at 05:25 PM. Reason: research to answer own question
    i7 8700K ASRock Z370 Fatal1ty Gaming Pro 64GB Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4-3000 Palit GeForce 1050ti KalmX StarTech PEX1394B3 with 2x FireStudio Mobile daisy chain over 1394A [dual boot] Win10 Pro (1709) on Samsung960 Pro/ Win 7 Pro 64 on Evo 850 Propellerhead Reason 10 & 8.3 SawStudio Lite 5.6 Drawmer MC2.1 Adam A7X Avantone MixCubes Gibson 74-75 Byrdland Heartfield RR-8 Fender Cybertwin FE & SE Lexicon PCM81 Peavey Rock Master Digitech GSP2101 Dual SDisc GLab LMS-1 Tech 21 Power Engine 60

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Maple Ridge, BC Canada
    Posts
    2,547

    Default Re: SawStudio Lite...Updates

    Todd,

    See here...Upgrade SAWStudio Lite32 To Full64

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Cambridge, United Kingdom
    Posts
    68

    Default Re: SawStudio Lite...Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Todd,

    See here...Upgrade SAWStudio Lite32 To Full64
    looks like $500 to me

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Maple Ridge, BC Canada
    Posts
    2,547

    Default Re: SawStudio Lite...Updates

    Todd,
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd R View Post
    looks like $500 to me
    ...However, just a single upgrade path, not two, as you had mentioned.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Alberta Canada
    Posts
    66

    Default Re: SawStudio Lite...Updates

    Thanks guys....originally I was wondering whether Bob was still going to support SawStudio Lite, with updates...it looks like he is. I personally don't see the need to upgrade to the 64bit version at this time. The only thing I would gain is the use of more memory(for big memory hogging plugins) which I don't use anyway. If I were to upgrade, it would be to SawStudio Full32bit...which I believe is $200.
    Laughing Crow Studios
    Alberta Canada

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Cambridge, United Kingdom
    Posts
    68

    Default Re: SawStudio Lite...Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by Danny O View Post
    Thanks guys....originally I was wondering whether Bob was still going to support SawStudio Lite, with updates...it looks like he is. I personally don't see the need to upgrade to the 64bit version at this time. The only thing I would gain is the use of more memory(for big memory hogging plugins) which I don't use anyway. If I were to upgrade, it would be to SawStudio Full32bit...which I believe is $200.
    Danny,
    Bob did say somewhere on the forum here that Lite was designed for lower spec'd computers to be able to run SAW Studio and nowadays basic computer specs are so high that there is no need to continue with Lite. So, he has decided to not "port" Lite to 64bit.

    Personally, I have a huge amount of memory on my newest machine and would like to take advantage...plus, Sonnox Restore DeNoiser G4 (32bit) has a bug that causes crashes and will not save settings; the Restore G5 (64bit) doesn't have this bug afaiaa. I raised the bug with Sonnox 2 years ago and they fobbed me off, telling me they "didn't have time right now".

    I love SAW Studio, particularly the best waveform height Zoom that I know of and SAW's unique automation that is pure genius IMHO. That will be enough to get me to pony up the $500. That said, I have guys who would like to learn to mix like I am doing and NONE of them are going to splash out $1000 for SAW, not to mention most of them are on Mac, so training them up on SAW is a non-starter....so I am currently on the fence watching the de-bugging and shade porting. I have a reasonably sized mix job ongoing and I shouldn't switch until I finish.
    i7 8700K ASRock Z370 Fatal1ty Gaming Pro 64GB Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4-3000 Palit GeForce 1050ti KalmX StarTech PEX1394B3 with 2x FireStudio Mobile daisy chain over 1394A [dual boot] Win10 Pro (1709) on Samsung960 Pro/ Win 7 Pro 64 on Evo 850 Propellerhead Reason 10 & 8.3 SawStudio Lite 5.6 Drawmer MC2.1 Adam A7X Avantone MixCubes Gibson 74-75 Byrdland Heartfield RR-8 Fender Cybertwin FE & SE Lexicon PCM81 Peavey Rock Master Digitech GSP2101 Dual SDisc GLab LMS-1 Tech 21 Power Engine 60

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Cambridge, United Kingdom
    Posts
    68

    Default Re: SawStudio Lite...Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Todd,
    ...However, just a single upgrade path, not two, as you had mentioned.
    In my exuberance in the moment I saw the hopscotch before the one-hop ;-)
    thanks for keeping me in line, sir
    i7 8700K ASRock Z370 Fatal1ty Gaming Pro 64GB Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4-3000 Palit GeForce 1050ti KalmX StarTech PEX1394B3 with 2x FireStudio Mobile daisy chain over 1394A [dual boot] Win10 Pro (1709) on Samsung960 Pro/ Win 7 Pro 64 on Evo 850 Propellerhead Reason 10 & 8.3 SawStudio Lite 5.6 Drawmer MC2.1 Adam A7X Avantone MixCubes Gibson 74-75 Byrdland Heartfield RR-8 Fender Cybertwin FE & SE Lexicon PCM81 Peavey Rock Master Digitech GSP2101 Dual SDisc GLab LMS-1 Tech 21 Power Engine 60

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    SF Bay Area
    Posts
    1,187

    Default Re: SawStudio Lite...Updates

    Quote Originally Posted by Todd R View Post
    Danny,
    Bob did say somewhere on the forum here that Lite was designed for lower spec'd computers to be able to run SAW Studio and nowadays basic computer specs are so high that there is no need to continue with Lite. So, he has decided to not "port" Lite to 64bit.

    Personally, I have a huge amount of memory on my newest machine and would like to take advantage...plus, Sonnox Restore DeNoiser G4 (32bit) has a bug that causes crashes and will not save settings; the Restore G5 (64bit) doesn't have this bug afaiaa. I raised the bug with Sonnox 2 years ago and they fobbed me off, telling me they "didn't have time right now".

    I love SAW Studio, particularly the best waveform height Zoom that I know of and SAW's unique automation that is pure genius IMHO. That will be enough to get me to pony up the $500. That said, I have guys who would like to learn to mix like I am doing and NONE of them are going to splash out $1000 for SAW, not to mention most of them are on Mac, so training them up on SAW is a non-starter....so I am currently on the fence watching the de-bugging and shade porting. I have a reasonably sized mix job ongoing and I shouldn't switch until I finish.
    Not that this will make much difference in your circumstance given the price point, but SAW does work pretty well under Parallels (for your MAC only friends).

    Out of convenience I occasionally do fire up SAW on my MAC Tower when working on video projects.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •