Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Updating Shades: 32-Bit to 64-Bit!

Guys... relax... the older shades started with less bitmaps... as SAWStudio evolved more and more graphics were added... the design allowed for the earlier shades to still work because any needed bitmap that was not found in the shade automatically reverted back to the bitmap in the default shade... so that way updates would still work even before or if older shades were ever updated.

Bob L

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Guys... relax... the older shades started with less bitmaps... as SAWStudio evolved more and more graphics were added... the design allowed for the earlier shades to still work because any needed bitmap that was not found in the shade automatically reverted back to the bitmap in the default shade... so that way updates would still work even before or if older shades were ever updated.

Bob L
    That is what I figured...thanks!

Blog Entries

Good day,

Comprende.

Bob, being a "forward thinker" would have had a contingency plan in in place to accommodate updates.

This is what I was attempting to intimate, but never really got the point across.

Thanks for the clarification, Bob!

How would I go about creating a SAC64 shade, since there don't seem to be any available to edit? I know this is the SAW section, but I imagine the process is somewhat similar to creating or editing a SAW shade.

Blog Entries

dbarrow,
    ...since there don't seem to be any available to edit?
    ...I am not sure what you mean by "...there don't seem to be any available to edit..."?

You can use Resource Hacker to extract all of the bitmaps from the dll file. Once completed, then you can update the bitmaps as you please.

Also, there are about sixteen SAC shades that I have in my possession...some free, some commercial. These would be all 32-bit shades - but any of these shades can be updated to 64-bit.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Good day,

Below is a pdf of all of the 32-bit SAWStudio Shades that I am aware of.

This document lists the developer - if known, the name of the shade, and the quantity of that particular shade.
    * Note: Some developers made variations of a particular shade.
    * There are a total of 86 shades.
    * I have all of the shades listed available as well.
    * Note: I have made attempts at contacting some of the developers - but to no avail.

Please note the following:
    1. If you happen to know of the developer, then please let me know so that the listing can be updated accordingly.
    2. Not being a regular SAW user, I am not too sure what changes, if any, exist between the different versions of SAWStudio. If you do know, then please let me know as well.
    3. The listings highlighted in yellow are "commercial" shades.
    4. The listings highlighted in orange are current forum member's shades.

Thanks in particular go out to Angie Dickinson Mickle of Avocado Productions and Microstudio for the shades they have made available.

Here is the document: Listing of SAWStudio Shades - 32-bit

Finally, as Microstudio has intimated, he will be providing 64-bit updates of some of the above shades. However, if there is one that you would care to have me update for you, then please send me a PM.

Note: Please ensure that you permission from the developer first - if at all possible. This is especially pertinent for "commercial" shades.

I hope that you find this document of assistance to you?
    Dell,
    Many thanks for all the good work you do for the community !
    I made SAWStudio ReMix 01 shade and I would be pleased if you could update it to suit 64 bits format.
    By the way, I just saw on your website that you attribute my shade to HapHazzard... It's rather flattering for me .
    Perhaps you could correct this error and color SAWStudio ReMix 01 in orange on your list...
    Thanks again!

Blog Entries

Philippe,
    Dell, Many thanks for all the good work you do for the community !
    ...It is always my pleasure, Philippe!

I made SAWStudio ReMix 01 shade and I would be pleased if you could update it to suit 64 bits format.
    ...Thanks for the update, credit due where credit is deserved! Done....[click me for 64-bit version]

By the way, I just saw on your website that you attribute my shade to HapHazzard...It's rather flattering for me . Perhaps you could correct this error and color SAWStudio ReMix 01 in orange on your list...
    ...Done...[click me]

Here is an updated document: Listing of SAWStudio Shades - 32-bit, r1.5
    Last edited by mr_es335; 01-16-2019 at 03:13 PM.

Wow, faster than Flash !!!
    In France, we could call you Lucky Luke, a famous cartoon western hero nicknamed "the man who shoots faster than his shadow".
    Follow my advice, stranger, if you ever meet mr_es335 one day in the streets of Laredo, do not challenge him, if you want to stay alive ...

PS: thanks for the update !

Blog Entries

Philippe,
    PS: thanks for the update !
    ...You are very welcome!

By-the-way, nice job on the shade. Actually very pleasing to the eyes.

Attachment 2897
    Last edited by mr_es335; 01-16-2019 at 05:01 PM.

Indeed, that's what I tried to do.
    It is based apon one of Terry Gorle's shade for SAC and I redrew it for SAWStudio, changing colours and elements, adding details from other shades that I also like.
    I hope that some users appreciate it as I do.
    And now, thanks to you, we can equally enjoy it in 64 bits !
    Last edited by Philippe M; 01-17-2019 at 12:59 PM.