Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Updating Shades: 32-Bit to 64-Bit!

Good day!

I thought that this information required a thread of its own, so here it goes:

First, in answer to my own question, "Can anyone answer my question regarding bitmap replacement? Can this task be accomplished globally - or does this task have to be done one-bitmap-at-a-time?" I can now tell you that this operation can be performed "globally" I have done it, and have re-done it numerous times - and all is working as it should!
    * I am just waiting to verify if this operation actually does work, to ensure that I am NOT dreaming. Will keep you all updated.

Also, for your interest, SAC contains 257 bitmaps, and SAW contains 261 bitmaps. I have been able to update all of these bitmaps to 64-bit all-at-once!

I have updated the following SAW shades to 64-bit:

Brett's Simple shade
    Brett's DirectSun shade
    Haps' GreenHouse shade
    MicroStudio's ProTools shade
    PipeNite shade
    Note: This procedure can also be applied to SAC shades as well!

What needs to be done now, is:

1. To verify if this is actually possible - again I want to ensure that I am not actually in la-la land here.
    2. That for purchaser's of shades, that you check this out with the developer to determine if this is alright to do.
    * The developer's may want to do this themselves and to charge - or not charge, accordingly.
    * If it is okay, then send me your 32-bit shade and I will update that 32-bit shade to 64-bit.
    3. That if it is alright, if I can charge a small fee to perform this task.
    * I could really use the money for updating SAC and SAW to 64-bit.

Anyhow, let me known what Y'all think!!...especially the developer's of the shades.
    Last edited by mr_es335; 01-11-2019 at 09:58 AM.

Default Re: Updating Shades: 32-Bit to 64-Bit!

Great work Dell !
    I just saw your other post about private messages, sorry about that I had to reset my whole account on the forum and by default there turned off. Responding now.
    Last edited by Paul Helmers; 01-11-2019 at 10:33 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Good day!

I thought that this information required a thread of its own, so here it goes:

First, in answer to my own question, "Can anyone answer my question regarding bitmap replacement? Can this task be accomplished globally - or does this task have to be done one-bitmap-at-a-time?" I can now tell you that this operation can be performed "globally" I have done it, and have re-done it numerous times - and all is working as it should!
    * I am just waiting to verify if this operation actually does work, to ensure that I am NOT dreaming. Will keep you all updated.

Also, for your interest, SAC contains 257 bitmaps, and SAW contains 261 bitmaps. I have been able to update all of these bitmaps to 64-bit all-at-once!

I have updated the following SAW shades to 64-bit:

Brett's Simple shade
    Brett's DirectSun shade
    Haps' GreenHouse shade
    MicroStudio's ProTools shade
    PipeNite shade
    Note: This procedure can also be applied to SAC shades as well!

What needs to be done now, is:

1. To verify if this is actually possible - again I want to ensure that I am not actually in la-la land here.
    2. That for purchaser's of shades, that you check this out with the developer to determine if this is alright to do.
    * The developer's may want to do this themselves and to charge - or not charge, accordingly.
    * If it is okay, then send me your 32-bit shade and I will update that 32-bit shade to 64-bit.
    3. That if it is alright, if I can charge a small fee to perform this task.
    * I could really use the money for updating SAC and SAW to 64-bit.

Anyhow, let me known what Y'all think!!...especially the developer's of the shades.
    Its cool for you to update them and being a developer as I am of the Pro Tools shade and the upcoming Pro Shade it is IMHO that you would need to ask each developer weather you can charge for doing it. I will be updating all of them on my site for free including my Pro Tools shade.

I would certainly like an updated (i.e. 64 bit) version of pipenite but I can’t remember who created it or whether it was chargeable.

Dominic

Blog Entries

Dominic,
    Quote Originally Posted by DominicPerry View Post
    I would certainly like an updated (i.e. 64 bit) version of pipenite but I can't remember who created it or whether it was chargeable.
    ...The last bit of info that I have is that a from a fellow by the name of "Mark" and/or "ambler" developed the PipeNite shade.

It also looks like this shade was provided for free.

There was also another version called "Pipenite Milano".

Note: It is imperative to understand that a shade that was designed for earlier versions of SAW or SAC, may require some updates to the actual bitmaps. this process can be very time consuming. I know that this IS the case for V3 to V4 SAC shades.
    Last edited by mr_es335; 01-11-2019 at 05:10 PM.

Thank you!

Blog Entries

Good day,

Below is a pdf of all of the 32-bit SAWStudio Shades that I am aware of.

This document lists the developer - if known, the name of the shade, and the quantity of that particular shade.
    * Note: Some developers made variations of a particular shade.
    * There are a total of 86 shades.
    * I have all of the shades listed available as well.
    * Note: I have made attempts at contacting some of the developers - but to no avail.

Please note the following:
    1. If you happen to know of the developer, then please let me know so that the listing can be updated accordingly.
    2. Not being a regular SAW user, I am not too sure what changes, if any, exist between the different versions of SAWStudio. If you do know, then please let me know as well.
    3. The listings highlighted in yellow are "commercial" shades.
    4. The listings highlighted in orange are current forum member's shades.

Thanks in particular go out to Angie Dickinson Mickle of Avocado Productions and Microstudio for the shades they have made available.

Here is the document: Listing of SAWStudio Shades - 32-bit

Finally, as Microstudio has intimated, he will be providing 64-bit updates of some of the above shades. However, if there is one that you would care to have me update for you, then please send me a PM.

Note: Please ensure that you permission from the developer first - if at all possible. This is especially pertinent for "commercial" shades.

I hope that you find this document of assistance to you?
    Last edited by mr_es335; 01-13-2019 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Update to listing, V1.3

Would VERY much appreciate getting the Vintage Basic shade in 64-bit.

Many thanks.

Roger

Blog Entries

I have had a little time to analyze the 32bit vs 64bit shades and one thing I found out is the 64bit shades have 14 more resources than the 32bit and this means there are 14 new graphics for the DAW GUI. I am not sure how anyone can update a 32bit shade to a 64bit without creating these 14 graphics and if some how you can get a 32bit shade to open up in SawStudio64 I would think you will be missing these 14 graphics that the 32bit shades do not have.

The reason I stopped production of my Pro Shades is because I knew the 64bit update was coming and I wanted to wait to see if the GUI would be changed in anyway and it has according to what I have seen.

Maybe Bob can chime in on this?
    Last edited by Microstudio; 01-13-2019 at 07:40 PM.

Blog Entries

Microstudio,
    I have had a little time to analyze the 32bit vs 64bit shades and one thing I found out is the 64bit shades have 14 more resources than the 32bit and this means there are 14 new graphics for the DAW GUI."
    ...Micro, have a look at the following:

1. Using Resource Hacker, I first took the v5.7 SAWStudio, 32-bit SAWStudioGraphics.dll file and the v1.0a SAWStudio, 64-bit SAWStudio64Graphics.dll and extracted all the bitmap resources for each of the aforementioned dll files. I then compared the total number of data files between the 32-bit and 64-bit versions. Here is what I discovered:

Attachment 2878

Notice that both directories contain the same number of files, namely 261. Also, I did notice that the 64-bit folder capacity was .2MB larger - 23.8MB to 24.0MB.

2. I then saved the contents of each of the folders to a text file, comparing the size of each the text files.

PS: Though the version for the 64-bit version of SAW is listed as v1.0, it was v1.0a version that was used for this comparison.

Attachment 2879

3. Finally, I copied each of the contents of the text files to a spreadsheet and performed a side-by-side comparison of the actual bitmap filenames. I found that the names in each of the lists were identical.

In conclusing, as far as I am able to ascertain, both the 32-bit SAWStudioGraphics.dll file and the 64-bit SAWStudio64Graphics.dll file contain the same number of bitmaps as well as the same content of bitmaps - that being 261 files in total.

This is the exact same procedure that I have used in the past when moving from an earlier version of either SAW or SAC to a later version.
    Last edited by mr_es335; 01-13-2019 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Updated version number