Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Updating Shades: 32-Bit to 64-Bit!

Is it possible that Micro was comparing an older version of SAW and not 5.7?

Blog Entries

Ok I have Sawstudio64 installed and downloaded both shades from the RML site. Classic and Classic64 when I open the Classic shade in RH it shows 247 resources and if you scroll through them there is a graphic for each one. Classic64 has 261 resources which means it as 14 more graphics for the GUI.
    I am talking about the .shd files here not the .dll file.

Name:  classic.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  19.9 KB

Name:  classic64.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  20.4 KB
    Last edited by Microstudio; 01-14-2019 at 06:47 AM.

Which are these 14 resources ??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ivanoff View Post
    Which are these 14 resources ??
    They are either an image, border or wallpaper?

Blog Entries

Here are to two graphic .dll from Saw32 and Saw64 seen in the property window.

Name:  prop.jpg
Views: 202
Size:  77.2 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries

Micro,

I checked SAWStudio versions 3.9a, 4.0, 4.4, 5.0 and of course 5.7 all have 261 files.

I then checked the SAWStudioLite versions 5.7 and 4.9 both have 261 files.

Finally I checked SAWStudioBasic v2.6 and this version also has 261 files.

So, ALL versions of SAW contain 261 bitmaps. Now, this IS very interesting, is it not Micro?

Though Lite and Basic do NOT have the Wide Mixer views - the graphics resource still contains 261 files. This MUST mean then that Lite and Basic simply do not see - or use those extra graphics.

From what I have been able to ascertain, the Wide Mixer view graphics use three bitmaps, MIXER_W_MODULE_INPUT, MIXER_W_MODULE_OUTPUT and MIXER_W_MODULE_RTN. So, that accounts for three, so 261 - 3 = 258.

When I made my combo shades for SAC and SAW, I wanted SAW to look like SAC so I used Himhui & Sandman's SAClike Shades 1.02B for SAWStudio. What I discovered was that there were some bitmaps that I did not use, so those resources I never changed. As a result, if I only had to update, say 16 files, then these are the only files that I would include in an actual update - as these are the only resources that required alteration.

Updating only these 16 files would be the method used in a one-to-one update process. However, and this is an important however, if I was going to perform a bulk update - as I have done recently, the I simply include all the bitmaps, even though, as we have seen in the Lite and Basic versions, some of the resources are simply not used.

Just for fun, I removed 47 files - all of the Wide Mixer and Z-Mixer views, updated the SAWStudioGraphics.dll file, and then replaced the existing SAWStudioGraphics.dll file. The then launched SAW and the application failed to load, displaying the following error message:

Attachment 2884

I performed the same operation removing just the IQS_MAIN_BKGRND image, and received the very same error.

Apparently then, the SAWStudioGraphics.dll can contain more resources - but not less.

I do hope that this all makes sense?

Blog Entries

I think you are not understanding my post? All of the Saw32 .shd files have 247 resources which are images. Goto the RML site and download both the 32bit & 64bit of any of the shade. Now open each one up in RH and you will see what I am talking about as I show in my earlier post.

SAW32 has 247 images and SAW64 has 261 images in their .shd bitmaps.

I am in no way talking about the SAWStudioGraphics.dll you are talking about I am only taking about .shd files which are what we save are new shades to.

The anyname.shd files are different from 32bit to 64bit files from what I see.

Also I have been able to identify some new images in 64bit SAW .shd You can find them by searching just the resources that start with IQS and you will see there are 18 in the 64bit and only 13 in the 32bit. They have something to do with the title bar and networking.
    Last edited by Microstudio; 01-14-2019 at 11:55 AM.

Blog Entries

Micro,

Last time for me....SS Vintage Shade 32-Bit and SS Vintage Shade 64-Bit comparison...

Attachment 2889

...and the SS_Classic Shade 32-Bit and SS_Classic Shade 64-Bit comparison...

Attachment 2890

Here are the fourteen omitted bitmaps:

AUDIO_FILEV_BTN_BAR_Y.bmp
    AUDIO_FILEV_CLIENT_Y.bmp
    AUDIO_SHOWCTRL_BTN_BAR_Y.bmp
    AUDIO_SHOWCTRL_CLIENT_Y.bmp
    AUDIO_SHOWCTRL_SHOW_BTN.bmp
    AUDIO_USERINPUT_SHOWCTRL.bmp
    IQS_TITLEBAR_LOCK.bmp
    IQS_TITLEBAR_MAIN_LIVE_INPUT_MODE.bmp
    IQS_TITLEBAR_MAIN_NET_MODE_VIEW.bmp
    IQS_TITLEBAR_MAIN_NET_OFF.bmp
    IQS_TITLEBAR_MAIN_NET_ON.bmp
    MIXER_F_SW_AUX_ON.bmp
    MIXER_POPUP_FADER.bmp
    MIXER_POPUP_FADER_KNOB.bmp

Note: Notice that I used the term "omitted" and not "missing". Regardless of what we might "think", it is imperative that the dll's do contain 261 bitmaps. As a "side note", I discovered that the .shd files are more "forgiving" than the .dll files, in that you can actually "import" .shd files with less than 261 images. However, if you rename the same shade file to SAWStudio64Graphics.dll and then launch SAW, SAW will crash, displaying the aforementioned error message.

Whoever developed the Classic shade must have had a reason for not including the fourteen omitted bitmaps. And until they come forward to explain their reasoning for this omittance, everything that is "said-and-done" is mere conjecture on our part.

Blog Entries

The 32bit shades from Bob's site do not have those files either in the .shd file that you download but the 64bit ones do.

Good to know all the new files now people just need to edit them or not and add them to any 32bit skin and it should work.

Quote Originally Posted by Microstudio View Post
    Its cool for you to update them and being a developer as I am of the Pro Tools shade and the upcoming Pro Shade it is IMHO that you would need to ask each developer weather you can charge for doing it. I will be updating all of them on my site for free including my Pro Tools shade.
    Great news :-D
    i7 8700K| ASRock Z370 Fatal1ty| 64GB Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4-3000| Palit GeForce 1050ti KalmX| RME UFX+| Win10 Pro (21H2) / Win 7 Pro 64| Propellerhead Reason 10 & 8.3| SawStudio Full64| Drawmer MC2.1| Adam A7X| Avantone MixCubes| Gibson 74-75 Byrdland & ES355 '64 RI| Lexicon PCM80 & 81| MesaBoogie TriAxis| Peavey Rock Master| Digitech GSP2101 Dual| RJM RG-16| Masotti MXM| VHT2902 & 2562| EV 12L Classics| Fender Cybertwin FE & SE| Sound Devices 722| Rode K2 & WGII| Sennheiser MKE2| DPA6060