Close

Default Channel Compressor/Levelizer Key Buffer Source Details

Anyone? Bob?

RE: channel compressor... Am I correct in assuming that the data for the various key buffer options is sourced before any other processing, i.e., before even the channel attenuator comes into play? If not, where is it tapped, exactly?

RE: levelizer... Am I correct in assuming that the track source data is sourced the same as above? And for "self" is sourced at the input to the plug-in? And for buffers A and B -- um, where does that come from? I know another instantiation(s) have to send to the A and B buffers, but from where is such sent data sourced? The output of each instantiation? The input? The post-hi-and-low-pass (EQ'd) key buffer content of said instantiation (which would seem odd, since there would be another round of such EQing at the receiving instantiation)?

The various Help info doesn't appear to go into this level of detail.

Thanks.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Default Re: Channel Compressor/Levelizer Key Buffer Source Details

The Levelizer A B sends are sourced from wherever the plugin is patched... pre or pst patch and would include whatever processing has occurred up to that point.

The Self is sourced from the actual data at the plugin... the chan key source is at the top of the module, pre att.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    The Levelizer A B sends are sourced from wherever the plugin is patched... pre or pst patch and would include whatever processing has occurred up to that point.

The Self is sourced from the actual data at the plugin... the chan key source is at the top of the module, pre att.

Bob L
    Thanks. But are the A and B sends sourced from before or after the Levelizer processing? I'm guessing before, but I want to be sure.
    Becket, Massachusetts

Before... but usually you are not processing in the Levelizers that are being used to send the A B buffers anyway.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Before... but usually you are not processing in the Levelizers that are being used to send the A B buffers anyway.

Bob L
    OK, that makes sense. Thanks.
    Becket, Massachusetts