Close

Default Simplified SAC Remote App For Android, IOS?

Bob I was showing some musicians how to use SAC Remote to control their own monitor mix and one or them proceeded to show me the phone app they use at their church. It basically allows them to control just their own monitor level. He didn't mention what system the church is using.

I realize this has come up in the past but I wanted to check again. Any consideration for a basic remote phone app that would provide just volume and pan adjustments, like a simplified touch screen view? While it seems level is the primary thing everyone is adjusting, a pan adjustment would also be nice? My SAC monitors in the studio are stereo.

Everybody has a phone but perhaps not a Windows PC or tablet. The ones who have Apple don't seem too interested in purchasing a copy of Windows to run in Bootcamp.

I'm sure your plate is very full with all your new releases but I thought I would ask. Thanks.

Default Re: Simplified SAC Remote App For Android, IOS?

Quote Originally Posted by William Bushnell View Post
    Bob I was showing some musicians how to use SAC Remote to control their own monitor mix and one or them proceeded to show me the phone app they use at their church. It basically allows them to control just their own monitor level. He didn't mention what system the church is using.

I realize this has come up in the past but I wanted to check again. Any consideration for a basic remote phone app that would provide just volume and pan adjustments, like a simplified touch screen view? While it seems level is the primary thing everyone is adjusting, a pan adjustment would also be nice? My SAC monitors in the studio are stereo.

Everybody has a phone but perhaps not a Windows PC or tablet. The ones who have Apple don't seem too interested in purchasing a copy of Windows to run in Bootcamp.

I'm sure your plate is very full with all your new releases but I thought I would ask. Thanks.

Philip G.

Has anyone tried TeamViewer or some other third-party remote access app to do this stuff? It uses some CPU cycles, but in theory it oughta work fine if you have some processing headroom.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Blog Entries

Hello,

May be have a peep at "AnyDesk"...stand alone, no installation...very little overhead...

Thanks for the suggestions. However, unless I'm missing something these remote control programs would only provide control of the SAC host computer. I could see bad things happening with that.

To control the individual monitors and not interrupt what's happening on the SAC host, in my opinion the remote software needs to go beyond simply controlling the host computer and talk directly to SAC as SAC Remote now does.

As far as a phone app goes, unless it provided the ease of use that the current Windows based remote app does I don't feel it wouldn't be very useful.

Some times I have musicians trying to make an adjustment on their monitor only to find they are adjusting someone else's monitor.

It would be nice if SAC Remote provided an option to set a default monitor when it opens. That way when they connect they are automatically connected to the proper monitor. Perhaps it's already possible and I've missed it. I tried saving a particular monitor view in preferences but it didn't save that setting.

I would be ok with a fee for a phone app. If they want full access to their monitor they could use a laptop / tablet to make adjustments. The remote app is free. Or if the prefer the convenience of using their phone for a few adjustments such as levels, pan, ect. they could download the remote app for a reasonable fee. Just a thought.

Sorry for rambling on, just thinking out loud. Thanks again for taking time to reply.

Quote Originally Posted by William Bushnell View Post
    Thanks for the suggestions. However, unless I'm missing something these remote control programs would only provide control of the SAC host computer. I could see bad things happening with that.

TouchOSC unlike the screen control apps can be configured and specifically limited to only control specific functions (like volume controls) and I believe could be also be programmed to control a specific monitor mix on launch.

It would take some work upfront to get the configuration right, but once done you could send that template to anybody running TouchOSC.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

It would be nice if SAC Remote provided an option to set a default monitor when it opens. That way when they connect they are automatically connected to the proper monitor. Perhaps it's already possible and I've missed it. I tried saving a particular monitor view in preferences but it didn't save that setting.
    check options > user's rights

I don't know if the remote opens to the right mixer but you can prevent adjusting the wrong mix.

check options > user's rights

I don't know if the remote opens to the right mixer but you can prevent adjusting the wrong mix.

You are correct and when properly setup Remote does open to the correct mixer. I really need to pay attention to things. I had set rights up then changed a few things and I guess I didn't save preferences. Too many late nights. Good thing I gave up flying, it was getting too expensive anyway.