Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: SAWPro Question (!)

I've reloaded one of the offending EDL's in its original SAWPro format, and after cleaning up all the missing FX modules and resetting all the outputs to default, everything plays back properly and in sync from top to bottom. So there's apparently no corruption in the original transfer. I can't test anything against the out-of-sync soundfiles I'm getting when I import these into SawStudio, though, because I can't get it to export any files, either through the output track or as new sound files. I consistently get the 'trouble creating mix file" error, whether for the full mix or soloed tracks. What could I be missing that would inhibit outputting any files?

And just as a followup I then imported this EDL into SAWStudio, and again everything is perfect along the timeline. I'm trying the exports again to see what happens when I pull them into Logic. Maybe this process of first opening them in SAWPro will somehow magically make everything work.

Still curious as to why I can't create any mixdowns from SAWPro, though.

Update: These files imported into Logic perfectly, and even stayed in sync when I converted them from their original 48kHz to 44.1kHz upon import into Logic. I'll try another song without importing into SAWPro first and see if it's just one of those freak things that will never be explained.
    Last edited by Sean McCoy; 01-26-2019 at 03:41 PM.

Well, everything seems to work perfectly as long as I open any EDL that was originally a SAWPro EDL in SAWPro first, clean it up and save it, then open it in SAWStudio and export the files en masse. If I try to import directly into SS first, files created from tracks with gaps or edits are wacko. A little mysterious, but not a big deal now that I know. I'm wondering if some of the old missing plugins in the SAWPro EDL's might have been confusing SS when it tried to import them, but I cleared all of them out to be sure. Moral of the story: keep your copy of SAWPro around if you might ever need to go that far back into your archives.

I am glad you found a work around. It always seems to be a pain to go back and revive old projects, even when there aren’t three DAWs involved.
    Michael McInnis Productions

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    I am glad you found a work around. It always seems to be a pain to go back and revive old projects, even when there aren***8217;t three DAWs involved.
    Absolutely. Not to mention that it's often for silly reasons, like the client just can't move on from a project done over 20 years ago and still thinks re-visiting it will somehow make it better. But I digress....