Close

Thread: Touchscreen

Default Touchscreen

Does anyone have experience using a touchscreen with ss?

Default Re: Touchscreen

I have used a 23" DELL touchscreen with both SAC and SAW. It works fine. But I seemed to use the mouse and keyboard more than the touchscreen. It's nice to have both if you can. I was able to use my right hand to flip the worship slides for the songs at church and use the left hand to adjust the mix. Very hard to do stuff like that with a regular mixer.

Default Re: Touchscreen

I've got a 22" 3M touchscreen that I've run SAC and SAW on. The response is a bit unpredictable, but usually it does work as designed. Multi-fader movement was difficult for me to do as was scrolling vertically in the mixer window. Finite placement of the cursor (as would be necessary for editing) is much better accomplished with the mouse as well. I had intended to transition from my analog mixer to SAC, but haven't found the courage quite yet. I think eventually I'll set up a "practice station" and get better with the touch commands.

My conclusion would be that using both the touchscreen and a wireless wheeled trackball or mouse would be the best of both worlds.
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording
    My cats have nine lives; my life has nine cats.