Close

Default SawStudioLite glitch in multitrack display

I am having a glitch in the multitrack display for a couple of months. Two different things occur. One: the bottom timeline sometimes shows 3 or 4 iterations on top of each other, then zoom in and out doesn't work. Have to close out the session then re-open. Two: an active track shows up in the very lowest view of the multitrack whether I scroll up or down. For example track 10 will be visible at the very bottom of the multitrack. I can scroll all the way up (past track 10) or all the way down (past 10) and it still shows up.

I re-installed SSL 5.7 without improvement. My video resolution is 1280x 1024. Two monitors.
    I'm running Win7 Home Premium (but didn't have this problem over the preceding years).
    I just updated my HD to SSD which significantly improved the overall performance of my machine but did not alter this glitch.

It is not critical because I can still work but it is annoying.

Any thoughts on what's going on or how to fix it?

Thanks in advance

Default Re: SawStudioLite glitch in multitrack display

Quote Originally Posted by smp View Post
    I am having a glitch in the multitrack display for a couple of months. Two different things occur. One: the bottom timeline sometimes shows 3 or 4 iterations on top of each other, then zoom in and out doesn't work. Have to close out the session then re-open. Two: an active track shows up in the very lowest view of the multitrack whether I scroll up or down. For example track 10 will be visible at the very bottom of the multitrack. I can scroll all the way up (past track 10) or all the way down (past 10) and it still shows up.

I re-installed SSL 5.7 without improvement. My video resolution is 1280x 1024. Two monitors.
    I'm running Win7 Home Premium (but didn't have this problem over the preceding years).
    I just updated my HD to SSD which significantly improved the overall performance of my machine but did not alter this glitch.

It is not critical because I can still work but it is annoying.

Any thoughts on what's going on or how to fix it?

Thanks in advance
    I'm sorry to not have much to offer, but this sort of thing has happened to me from pc to pc and the usual culprit turns out to be video card related. I don't have anything I can add in the way of troubleshooting, since this has not happened to me in at least 2-3 years.

Blog Entries

smp,
    ...Did this provable occur with previous version? I use SSL 5.6 and I have never seen this anomaly.

Can you provide a somewhat detail listing so that we can attempt to replicate the error here? Is the system using integrated or nonintegrated video? On first glance I would have to agree with UpTilDawn that this just may video related.

The key to troubleshooting an error is being able to replicate that error. Being able to replicate an error is what helped in being able to fix Dave's "Weird little bug I've never noticed before" - [click_me]

Sounds like you are using old Fkey files from a previous install... just try clearing the Fkey default file and restart the program... let it establish new Fkeys to your current display resolution and Windows border padding width... then you can modify and re-save a new set of Fkey defaults.

Bob L

Thank you! I did clear all the old FKey files and started from scratch.