Close

Default reverse audio in SSL

Hi
    This may be a trivial question. I have an old project I did in Saw32 and had a reverse guitar part. I think I remember there was a way to reverse the audio file in Saw32. I've been searching all over in SSL and cannot find how to do it. Can someone refresh my memory?
    Thank you.

Default Re: reverse audio in SSL

Quote Originally Posted by smp View Post
    Hi
    This may be a trivial question. I have an old project I did in Saw32 and had a reverse guitar part. I think I remember there was a way to reverse the audio file in Saw32. I've been searching all over in SSL and cannot find how to do it. Can someone refresh my memory?
    Thank you.
    Try holding down the left mouse button, while right-click the right button - with you cursor on the region you want to reverse. Keep in mind that there are caveats to consider...
    for instance, if the region length has been edited, reversing it may cause you to have to readjust the waveform (there's a shift/right button drag command for that, IIRC) to encompass the correct audio.
    I think any regions you may have copied exactly (lengthwise) from that region you are adjusting will also be modified, so be on the watch for things like this.

If one of these caveats are in play, you can get around them by first exporting just that region and then importing that in to take its place, or use build mix to hot track to replace the region - do these things before reversing, in those instances.

Thanks for answering. I may not be facile enough with the program. When I right click on the region in the MT view, it starts or stops playback. No options come up. When I right click in the soundfile view, same issue. Is there another view I should be doing this in?

I also tried holding the left click and then R clicking. That does not bring up an option block either (looks like a movement cross)

Sorry, I gave wrong information...wasn’t at the computer and was remembering incorrectly.
    Michael McInnis Productions

You can also Alt-Right-Click on a region in the MultiTrack.

Bob L

Thank you very much. That works! (I wrote it down in my manual for future reference