Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Waves V10 bundle and SAWStudio 64

Just purchased waves V10 Horizon bundle and installed. Right off the bat, Soundforge Pro 12 scanned on startup and found all the plugins. As far as SAWStudio 64 goes, I located all the plugin dll's and copied them into SAW's VST plugins folder but none will start and I get the message: "The program can't start because WavesLib1_10_Win 64.dll is missing from your computer" etc. There are 3 of these files, numbered 1, 3 and 4. I copied these into the SAW VST plugin folder too but that didn't work. What do I need to do to get these plugins running in SAW 64?

Thanks!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Waves V10 bundle and SAWStudio 64

Per the Help File under "VST"

Some VST Plug-In installations will hardcode or otherwise force their plug-in path to remain intact as installed and will not allow the .dlls to be moved into the SAW VST_PlugIns folder. SAWStudio will allow VST Plugins to reside in any folder on any drive by placing an .ini file substitute in the VST_Plugins folder pointing to the full path of the dll file itself. Open the Notepad (or any other ascii text editor) to create a new text file. Inside the file, type the full drive and path and original .dll filename on the first line of the file. Make sure to finish the line with a carriage return by pressing the [Enter] key to return the cursor to the start of the next line. Then save the file as an .ini file using the same name as the plugin itself. For example, if a VST Plugin called TestPlug.dll is installed to D:\VST\Work, then create an .ini file called TestPlug.ini and inside the file type the line D:\VST\Work\TestPlug.dll followed by a carriage return. This .ini file, placed in the VST_PlugIns folder under SAWStudio, will now link SAWStudio to find the VST plug-in in its originally installed path. This can help solve compatibility issues with hardwired path plug-ins and their various copy protection schemes.

Some of the newer VST plugins, like Waves Version 6.0, are now using a Shell loader instead of direct access to the individual plugin dlls. With these types of Shell VST loaders, you can use a utility like Shell2VST to extract the dll loaders from the Shell as separate dlls. These can then be opened by placing them in the SAWStudio VST_Plugins folder or using the .ini linker method.

Waves version 10 are working here. Like Saw32, you need to use the utility shell2vst, only in this case the 64 bit version (shell2vst64).

This is the way I did it. I redownloaded the shell2vst package. I dragged the shell2vst64.exe into my SAW64 VST_plugins folder.

I copied (in my case two) waveshells (WaveShell1-VST 10.0_x64.dll) into the same SAW64/VST_Plugins folder. I then dragged the Waveshell(s) onto the shell2vst64.exe program.
    The dlls all went into the SAW64/VST_plugins/Waves folder. I then dragged the plugins from there to the VST_plugins folder, as SAW only checks the root of that folder and not any sub folder beyond that level for plugins.

Hope that helps.
    Michael McInnis Productions

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    Waves version 10 are working here. Like Saw32, you need to use the utility shell2vst, only in this case the 64 bit version (shell2vst64).

This is the way I did it. I redownloaded the shell2vst package. I dragged the shell2vst64.exe into my SAW64 VST_plugins folder.

I copied (in my case two) waveshells (WaveShell1-VST 10.0_x64.dll) into the same SAW64/VST_Plugins folder. I then dragged the Waveshell(s) onto the shell2vst64.exe program.
    The dlls all went into the SAW64/VST_plugins/Waves folder. I then dragged the plugins from there to the VST_plugins folder, as SAW only checks the root of that folder and not any sub folder beyond that level for plugins.

Hope that helps.

I finally found where to download shell2vst64.dll.

Let's see if I can figure all this out...it's already hurting my brain....
    Last edited by demodoc; 01-28-2019 at 05:50 PM.

Blog Entries

You can find a link to it on my site and here is also the link.

http://www.sawstudio.com/links_plug_ins.htm

Ok, finally GOT IT!!!

Why is this so complicated with SAW???
    Last edited by demodoc; 01-28-2019 at 06:22 PM.

Drag them one at time right on top, and the program should create a waves directory with .dll files.
    Michael McInnis Productions

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    Drag them one at time right on top, and the program should create a waves directory with .dll files.

Yes, I figured that out and it worked!

Got them working in SAW 32 as well using the same process with the 32 bit versions.....COOL!

THANK YOU!

This is s whole new world, having SAW in 64 bit!! Plugins load nicely without glitches due to not enough memory being accessed...I LOVE IT!

Quote Originally Posted by demodoc View Post
    I finally found where to download shell2vst64.dll.

Let's see if I can figure all this out...it's already hurting my brain....
    where did you finally download shell2vst64.dll?
    what are the simple instructions on loading in saw 64?
    if anyone could help I would appreciate it. the bundles i received just a few,
    are very complicated to to figure out which folder they come from to be installed.
    1st. they are resident in the x86 folder, although the 64bit dlls are in there. they are not in the Program folder
    2nd. there are 2 folders a Wave Central, which is the download program, and there is a Waves folder which looks like an icon
    3rd. the wave folder appears to be where they are all resident
    4th. under the Waves folder there are these folders:
    DATA
    Plug-Ins V10
    Soundgrid
    Soundgrid Studio
    WaveShells V10
    Folder.ico
    5th. This is where I get lost. All the programs appear in the Plug-Ins V10, although under the file WaveShellsV10 are the many WaveShell.dll bundle files resident.

I guess from here I am lost on how to install and which file to install from. Nothing is real clear to me and at my age I am finding things less clear day by day,
    with a big ass smiley face here at this point in my silly lilly quee. So, if someone in a step wise manner as I have laid out, 1, 2, 3, 4 etc, line by line could maybe
    lay it out for me, boy would I really appreciate that. too late to give them back. Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to give.
    Ralph Adkisson

add here as an addendum, I am capable of using the SAW VST Ini tool and have used it for other plugins and it is loaded on my machine, but the waveshell thing is
    not registering or hooking up with me there
    shell2vst64.dll