Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Waves V10 bundle and SAWStudio 64

In windows 7, if your looking for 32bit WaveShells.dll, look in c:\programs(x86)\VSTPlugIns.....for 64bit WaveShells.dll, look in c:\programs\VSTPlugIns. There you will find all the WaveShells that correspond to the WAVE plugins you bought. Make a folder in the SAWStudio folder call it VST_Shells, and place in it programs... 'shell2vst.exe' and 'shell2vst64.exe'...do a search for these on the net, then place the appropriate WaveShell.dll in this folder as well, then drag the WaveShell.dll's over the appropriate shell.exe program, and a folder called 'Waves' will be made and your plugin dll's will in it....then copy these dll's to the SAW VST_Plugins folder. When you buy WAVES plugins and you download them to your computer, make sure you download your licenses from the WAVES cloud to your computer, or you won't be able to install your plugins. If all goes well, your laughing...but WAVES is a real screw-ball company and other things may go wrong...good luck
    Last edited by Danny O; 04-13-2019 at 10:15 PM.
    Laughing Crow Studios
    Alberta Canada

well this IS JUST ONE BIG SHELL GAME TO ME! LOL. Anyway, thanks for the help there Danny O. I will let you know what I come up with. Your directions seem to be clear. I should have put in I am on Windows 10 btw. I assume it is similar. THanks a lot. Ralph

Thanks for your help Danny O. Those simple instructions helped me wrap my head around it and get them loaded into Saw64.
    Although it appears, I am missing a couple plugins I purchased in 2017, which were previously loaded in 32 bit SAW. They are 64 bit also, but a simple drag and drop dont get it using the waveshell process. They are not showing up in the waves central plugins licensed to me either. So Im gonna contact them about that. After going thru this, I dunno if I need much more ever during my final years. Cant wait for the Great Lentiniverb.
    Thanks again, Ralph Adkisson

Blog Entries

Ralph,
    Cant wait for the Great Lentiniverb
    ... me neither .... has Bob mentioned that he is developing one?

If I understand things correctly, Hristo Doichev was the main impetus behind the development of the Studio Reverb.

All things being said, what is wrong with any of the Valhalla Reverbs? They are inexpensive, very configurable, very efficient, install very easily, and make no changes to the Windows environment, other than taking up some drive space - about 4.8MB in total for the Room verb.

I once installed Waves and watched and waited for whatever was going on to be completed. All that I can say is that I was very, very glad to have disk imaging in place so I would not have to be too concerned abut what would be left behind being dependent entirely on their uninstaller.

Bob did mention he has a reverb he is developing. I also love the Valhalla reverbs and think they are an incredible value for the price. The reverbs themselves are world class.
    Michael McInnis Productions

I just listened to the Valhalla Reverbs. They are pretty damn good.
    https://ask.audio/articles/review-valhalla-dsp-reverbs
    I may jump on those. Thanks.
    Ralph Adkisson

Waves is having a super sale today and tomorrow all plugins $29.00...speaking of reverbs, I purchased the 'Abbey Road Chambers' and 'Abbey Road Plates', and a couple of more Abbey Road Plugins....They are GREAT!
    Laughing Crow Studios
    Alberta Canada