Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: re-sizing mixer view SSL

Ah. Thanks. When I read "double-click in the left-client edge..." I thought it meant the edge of said area (what else could it mean?), so I double-clicked the edge -- to no avail. Double clicking on the buttons themselves does the trick. Though, interestingly, for me the E Mixer window opens on the right side of said toolbar, not on the left side, like for you.

Name:  E mixer pop-up.JPG
Views: 113
Size:  70.3 KB

Oh, wait -- I see. I apparently don't have enough space to the left of the MT window, so the E Mixer opens on the right of said tool bar. Odd, because I have a Z Mixer channel over there, typically. But maybe I've tightened it up over there with my custom F-key views a few pixels more than the E Mixer likes.

When I move the left edge of the MT window over a little to the right, I get the same behavior as you do.
    Last edited by Dave Labrecque; 02-01-2019 at 03:45 PM.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Blog Entries

Dave,
    [QUOTEThough, interestingly, for me the E Mixer window opens on the right side of said toolbar, not on the left side, like for you.[/QUOTE] ... Whew!!! I though for a moment that it just might have to do with you being on the east coast - and me on the west?!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Dave,
    [QUOTEThough, interestingly, for me the E Mixer window opens on the right side of said toolbar, not on the left side, like for you.
    ... Whew!!! I though for a moment that it just might have to do with you being on the east coast - and me on the west?![/QUOTE]

There IS a foot of snow on the E Mixer out here, FWIW.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Again, thanks for all the interest in this question.

I'll answer the questions posed to me: Yes, same res for both monitors 1280 x 1024

I did not get a new video card, just updated my current card. When I did that all of my saved views were "shrunk" and not in the "proper" position. That's why I said I was trying to re-create them from memory. That's when I thought the F-mixer was not scaling properly. From memory I thought it filled the whole screen, now I see it has a mximum vertical length...I'm OK with that, just thought I was missing something. So I recreated all of my views but still couldn'e get the E-mixer full length.

Bob was right (of course). I went back to default settings and the E-mixer was full size so I just started from there to re-create my views. And as someone previously noted, the E-mixer starts on the left side of the screen but if you double click on a channel it jumps to the F-mixer view.

As Naturally Digital said "The trick is always remembering how we fixed it!"

Thanks again for all of your input!

Blog Entries

smp,

I am glad that you finally resolved your issues.

From my personal experience, every time I have either changed a video card or monitor - all of my F-Key settings would need to be re-configured.

Regardless, when completed, I always save my F-Key setups under File > F-Key Files > Save and Save Alternate.

A question that I had regarding the choice of the E-Mixer in the location of where the Z Mixer resides - at least in SAWStudio Full anyhow, is that Basic does not come with the Z-Mixer. And though SAW Lite does come with the Z-Mixer, maybe in keeping with Basic, Bob had the E-Mixer positioned in the same location as in Basic on first launch.

Attachment 2917

Regardless, I have always positioned the Z-Mixer in the same position as in SAW Full.