Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Default Re: open MON windows ?

Dave,
    How much you wanna bet it's not even a real piano?
    ... Well, Dave ... this is indeed a real piano, a Yamaha CFX 9' Concert Collection Grand Piano at approximately 1082lbs!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Dave,
    ... Well, Dave ... this is indeed a real piano, a Yamaha CFX 9' Concert Collection Grand Piano at approximately 1082lbs!
    I stand corrected.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Long ago I worked local crew for an EJ show in Daytona. At that time it was definitely a 9 grand!

It arrived at the venue in an ATR roadcase complete with air freight sticker (from England to the USA) on the side!

A local piano tuner was standing by to check the tuning after it was set up and in position on stage.

Post Re: open MON windows ?

Quote Originally Posted by andrew b View Post
    Thank you for your considerations. By the way, what is the best choice for hardware controller, from the point of view of the SAC developer?
    I'm using BCF2000, is there any better?
    Also, it would be great to have the similar physical board to control equalizer in SAC, any thoughts on this?
    I like the MCU Pro (as seen in the EJ photo). The faders are nice and the integration with SAW/SAC is superb. For professional use I'd highly recommend paying the extra cake and going the MCU route. Get a case for it and really learn how to make use of it.

I bought a used one and learned what eventually goes on them are the displays/display drivers (hardware). It starts to dim and emits a high pitched whine until it's eventually unreadable. This unit sometimes displayed gobbeldy gook with SAW where my older Mackie Control never did that. That's why I suggest, for pro use just buy a new one.

Although I have no hands-on experience with their products, I think iCon Pro Audio is worth considering also. https://iconproaudio.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Wink0r View Post
    Long ago I worked local crew for an EJ show in Daytona. At that time it was definitely a 9 grand!

It arrived at the venue in an ATR roadcase complete with air freight sticker (from England to the USA) on the side!

A local piano tuner was standing by to check the tuning after it was set up and in position on stage.
    I saw him once facing the audience with a digital piano across his lap. Weird to be looking at his knees all night. Glad those days are behind him.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Well, I'm happy with my x-touches ( 1 'full' and 1 extender), especially because they're working over ethernet. This is important to me because I'm running a headless SAC pc most of the time.
    3 * TIO1608 + AIC-128 + X-Touch + Dante -> AES + DADC-144DT

SATlive is my measurement software
    DIN 15905-5 (German SPL Limit)