Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default open MON windows ?

Is it possible in SAC to have both FOH and one of MON windows open at the same time, without any switching?

Default Re: open MON windows ?

Quote Originally Posted by andrew b View Post
    Is it possible in SAC to have both FOH and one of MON windows open at the same time, without any switching?
    Not directly on a host, but you could have a remote open with the MON mix open.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

You can also run the remote on the same host computer... they will connect... and if you used two monitors, you could look at two different full views at the same time.

Bob L

Blog Entries

Bob,
    You can also run the remote on the same host computer... they will connect... and if you used two monitors, you could look at two different full views at the same time.Bob L
    ... Wow!!! I never thought of that! What a great idea.

So, no way of doing that in a single SAC instance?

No... but you can create FKeys that jump to Mon mixers instantly... so I'm not sure why you need to see everything at once... no advantage as I see it... but... don't forget the F Mon Mixer view which shows you one chan on all 24 MON mixers at the same time... thats a very powerful view for looking across mixer settings.

Bob L

Hi,
    I'd agree to Bob.
    The Monitor F mixer is very helpful.
    The only thing I'm missing is the possibility to assign my (or one of my) midi controls to it.

Tomy
    3 * TIO1608 + AIC-128 + X-Touch + Dante -> AES + DADC-144DT

SATlive is my measurement software
    DIN 15905-5 (German SPL Limit)

Thank you for your considerations. By the way, what is the best choice for hardware controller, from the point of view of the SAC developer?
    I'm using BCF2000, is there any better?
    Also, it would be great to have the similar physical board to control equalizer in SAC, any thoughts on this?
    Last edited by andrew b; 02-02-2019 at 06:39 AM.

Blog Entries

Andrew,

Have a peep at this: Mackie MCU Pro Crucial to Elton John***8217;s Monitor Rig

Attachment 2916

PS: This is a serious "pat-on-the-back" to Bob ... Well done!! It would also appear that Alan is using the EQ and the Frequency Analyzer plug-ins. Also, a single monitor - showing 42 channels. The other two appear to be stage views. Finally, a rack of sixteen ADA-8200's for a total of 128 tracks. By-the-way ... the article is a great read as well! Think about it ... a guy with all the money and resources available to him, opts for an entirely software-based system! I mean, Elton's piano is worth 1 million dollars!!
    Last edited by mr_es335; 02-02-2019 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Elton's piano is worth 1 million dollars[/URL]!!
    How much you wanna bet it's not even a real piano? I'm seeing digital pianos stuck inside grand piano exteriors more and more (positioned on-stage with the keys facing away from the audience, of course). I know it makes sense in so many ways, logistically, for touring, but it's kinda heartbreaking.

I think the last time I saw a real piano on-stage at a big show was Ben Folds -- and that was, like, seven years ago.

I digress. Kudos to Bob.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts