Close

Default Unable to play mix in Soundfile

I processed a mix down and my mix comes up in the soundfile, but will not play, I get A ASIO Driver Reset In Progress and then it will automatically play in my multitrack. This is with SS64bit and this happens every time. If I then close the 64 bit session and open up SS32 bit version, everything works fine. I'm using a Lynx AES16e, any thoughts?

Thanks

Default Re: Unable to play mix in Soundfile

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy McLoughlin View Post
    I processed a mix down and my mix comes up in the soundfile, but will not play, I get A ASIO Driver Reset In Progress and then it will automatically play in my multitrack. This is with SS64bit and this happens every time. If I then close the 64 bit session and open up SS32 bit version, everything works fine. I'm using a Lynx AES16e, any thoughts?

Thanks
    FWIW I've been experiencing similar behavior with LynxTwo, L22 and AES16 cards for a number of years on SS32. I don't see this with RME or Soundscape (ASIO). I can't remember if it happens on XP but Win7 64 it does. This is when the card changes samplerate, after that it's fine. Like when you render to a different SR than you're mixing at or play a soundfile that changes the SR from what the session is. I think this came up on the forum once before.

In my case I stop the MT playback, click the soundfile view and it plays at that point.

Bob, if you're interested in working on it but don't have one of these cards, I'd happily donate one. Just say the word and I'll ship it.

For me it's a minor inconvenience because I don't change samplerates that often.
    Last edited by Naturally Digital; 02-12-2019 at 08:52 PM.