Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Audio File Plugins - 64-bit

Quote Originally Posted by dbarrow View Post
    Perhaps Bob could write a native plugin that would show up as another output in Windows, so you could ust route foobar, or any other media player to that output. Then the plugin would playback the audio into a stereo channel, without taking up any of the hardware inputs. It could be a native plugin or a VST.
    Perhaps DWAVE

Quote Originally Posted by dbarrow View Post
    I currently use foobar via the AES loopback on my RME RayDAT card (or Fireface USB). I have experimented with a few vst players, but foobar is far more flexible and can be accessed via foo_httpcontrol and a browser from any network remote. What would be really cool is if foobar had an output module that was a VST plugin. Then I wouldn't even have to use up the AES loopback I/O. Foobar could just output to an unused stereo channel via the plugin. Perhaps I can suggest this in the foobar forum.
    Playing back in SAC, I've had success with an asio-capable media player hooked to a loopback track. Obviously the sound card driver must support both multi client and loopback: yet another reason to check RME cards out, in case totalmix was not enough .

My media player of choice is MediaMonkey, which I find second to none in library management and playlists. Having a standard db and scripts is often handy. This is a far cry from a vst player and is mostly free (as in free beer, not software), unless you want conditional playlists, scripts and such.

Rme loopback and Foobar with foo-http control here for break music. Use Media monkey at home solely for the sleep timer. You can set a fixed time to play, fade out and turn your pc off. Sweet dreams.......