Close

1. Default Power outage: lost file?

Had a power outage while recording (palm frond vs. transformer. Palm frond victorious). Upon power restoration, I am unable to open the audio file that was recording and interrupted by the outage. Peak file shows all the data, wav file is appropriately sized, but both SawStudio and SoundForge find no audio.

Anything I might try to get at the audio?

Default Re: Power outage: lost file?

Try to use the Open Soundfile and Fix Header option on the SAWStudio File Menu.

Bob L

3. Default Re: Power outage: lost file?

Bob

Hmmm. No Open Soundfile and Fix Header option in my File menu. I'm SawStudio Basic 2.4.

I tried Open Soundfile and Refresh, but got error writing Peak Data File.

Kevin

You might want to download Audacity(a free program)...https://www.audacityteam.org/...and import the data as RAW..then export as a .wav file. I've been able to recover lost and fragmented audio files this way...
    Laughing Crow Studios
    Alberta Canada

5. Default Re: Power outage: lost file?

SOLVED.

I was able to open the file in an open source player (VLC Media Player), then save it as a new file.

Thanks for responses. They got me moving in the right direction.

Kevin

I'm glad you were able to resurrect your file. This is the reason I have an uninterruptible power supply in the studio. It's a little redundant now that my office and audio computers are laptops, but it's nice to keep the monitor screen (fed by a KVM switch) lit up until I can shut things down.
    Ian Alexander
    VO Talent/Audio Producer
    www.IanAlexander.com