Close

Default Zoom Mixer display

Hi

Has anyone come up with a way of suppressing unused elements of the Zoom mixer?

Most of my mixes are pretty basic, and I've often wished I could hide (or move) various controls, e.g.:
    • Output assign buttons (used once at set-up)
    • X-Y pan controls (not used for straight stereo).
    • All but (say) two of the Aux sends.

For a simple, low (say up to 12) channel count mix, this could make for:
    • Less vertical scrolling
    • Visibility of Zoom mixer channel meters while tweaking EQ, compression etc.
    • No need to show the Full Mixer window

I know I can set up F-key views, and there is always the Wide mixer, but sometimes it's nice to see just the essentials (Zoom Mixer & Multitrack) on a single screen.

Cheers,
    Alan Hames
    Leicester, UK

Blog Entries

Default Re: Zoom Mixer display

Alan,
    ... To answer your question, I would say "No, this cannot be accomplished. At least not without rewriting the code.

Quote Originally Posted by AlanH View Post
    Hi

Most of my mixes are pretty basic, and I've often wished I could hide (or move) various controls, e.g.:
    • Output assign buttons (used once at set-up)
    • X-Y pan controls (not used for straight stereo).
    • All but (say) two of the Aux sends.

For a simple, low (say up to 12) channel count mix, this could make for:
    • Less vertical scrolling
    • Visibility of Zoom mixer channel meters while tweaking EQ, compression etc.
    • No need to show the Full Mixer window

I know I can set up F-key views, and there is always the Wide mixer, but sometimes it's nice to see just the essentials (Zoom Mixer & Multitrack) on a single screen.

Cheers,
    Alan -- no can do. BUT -- have you tried using the channel strip zone jump buttons (my name; not sure what Bob calls them)?

Name:  channel strip zone jump buttons.JPG
Views: 104
Size:  15.5 KB

Eliminates vertical scrolling in the Z Mixer. That's how I work, anyway, between the MT View and the Z Mixer single-channel-strip window next to it.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

You can save FKeys with the verticle position as part of the FKey so you can create Fkeys that jump up and down the chan strip if you want.

Also... if you have SAWStudio Full, why not just use the Wide Mixer View... this shows all controls and meters in one view... very handy to eliminate the need for scrolling.

Bob L