Close

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 107
  1. #81

    Default Re: PreSonus StudioLive Series III

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rupert View Post
    Thanks for your input here, Dave. You, along with Dell, have pointed me in the right direction in this DAW control subject. I'll post as to how effective it is when I get some time to fool with it.

    I guess it's because I'm coming from a totally analogue board that this StudioLive III seems like something out of Star Trek... but I'm slowly getting a handle on it. Actually, it's really exciting to see the potential of this mixer. I wish I could focus on just learning the mixer and not all the other things in life tugging at me.
    We won't tell the other things in your life that you wrote that.
    Ian Alexander
    VO Talent/Audio Producer
    www.IanAlexander.com

  2. #82

    Default Re: PreSonus StudioLive Series III

    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Alexander View Post
    We won't tell the other things in your life that you wrote that.
    Hahahaha... well, I'm afraid it's too late and the word is out.

    I just got back from 4 days in Concord MA, so have lost a lot of time with the mixer. But we're reunited now and will pick up where we left off tomorrow.

    On a related note, another SAWyer, Kimbo has ordered the same mixer. He lives about an hour from me and we are really big SAWstudio fans. So far I feel that SAW integrates well with the mixer, although I still haven't succeeded in getting the HUI control to work... the StudioLive implements midi through ethernet, and although my laptop is connected to the board with both ethernet and USB I can't get the HUI set up. But again, I haven't had much time to mess with it and will eventually get back to it.
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording
    My cats have nine lives; my life has nine cats.

  3. #83
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Portland, Maine U.S.A.
    Posts
    2,264

    Default Re: PreSonus StudioLive Series III

    I donít know if PreSonus provides a MIDI to Ethernet driver, but if they donít I have used this with success:

    https://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/rtpmidi.html

    Good luck!
    Michael McInnis Productions

  4. #84

    Default Re: PreSonus StudioLive Series III

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rupert View Post
    Hahahaha... well, I'm afraid it's too late and the word is out.

    I just got back from 4 days in Concord MA, so have lost a lot of time with the mixer. But we're reunited now and will pick up where we left off tomorrow.

    On a related note, another SAWyer, Kimbo has ordered the same mixer. He lives about an hour from me and we are really big SAWstudio fans. So far I feel that SAW integrates well with the mixer, although I still haven't succeeded in getting the HUI control to work... the StudioLive implements midi through ethernet, and although my laptop is connected to the board with both ethernet and USB I can't get the HUI set up. But again, I haven't had much time to mess with it and will eventually get back to it.
    I was thinking that you'd need to go through a router, but the manual says it can go direct, too. And, apparently, without a crossover cable.

    Name:  StudioLive Ethernet and USB Hookup.JPG
Views: 134
Size:  69.1 KB
    Last edited by Dave Labrecque; 04-17-2019 at 11:59 AM.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

  5. #85

    Default Re: PreSonus StudioLive Series III

    Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    I don***8217;t know if PreSonus provides a MIDI to Ethernet driver, but if they don***8217;t I have used this with success:

    https://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/rtpmidi.html

    Good luck!
    Thank you Michael. I haven't even fired up the StudioLive since my return from Massachusetts, but hoping to get to this in the coming week. I hope this will work.
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording
    My cats have nine lives; my life has nine cats.

  6. #86

    Default Re: PreSonus StudioLive Series III

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    I was thinking that you'd need to go through a router, but the manual says it can go direct, too. And, apparently, without a crossover cable.

    Name:  StudioLive Ethernet and USB Hookup.JPG
Views: 134
Size:  69.1 KB
    The last sentence in the PreSonus "Note" instructions that you posted has me a little concerned. But I'll get to this soon. Thanks.

    And you DO need an ethernet cable between the computer and mixer unless you use WiFi. Then the mixer connects wirelessly for DAW control.
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording
    My cats have nine lives; my life has nine cats.

  7. #87

    Default Re: PreSonus StudioLive Series III

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rupert View Post
    The last sentence in the PreSonus "Note" instructions that you posted has me a little concerned. But I'll get to this soon. Thanks.

    And you DO need an ethernet cable between the computer and mixer unless you use WiFi. Then the mixer connects wirelessly for DAW control.
    Why does that last sentence concern you? Were you going to try to use such an adaptor?

    It seems that there is also the option of turning off WiFi and plugging both the DAW and mixer into your router, FWIW.

    Good luck!
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

  8. #88

    Default Re: PreSonus StudioLive Series III

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Why does that last sentence concern you? Were you going to try to use such an adaptor?

    It seems that there is also the option of turning off WiFi and plugging both the DAW and mixer into your router, FWIW.

    Good luck!
    I was momentarily confused. (Blame it on the cold I've been nursing for almost a month!!) I've had no problem getting audio in and out of SAWStudio, and no problem getting DAW control with StudioOne 4 Professional (the bundled DAW that comes with the mixer). What still remains to accomplish is getting HUI set up to control SAWStudio from the board. Michael linked to software that may accomplish this, but I haven't had time to mess with it. Tomorrow I will get a chance to see if I can get it working.
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording
    My cats have nine lives; my life has nine cats.

  9. #89

    Default Re: PreSonus StudioLive Series III

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rupert View Post
    I was momentarily confused. (Blame it on the cold I've been nursing for almost a month!!) I've had no problem getting audio in and out of SAWStudio, and no problem getting DAW control with StudioOne 4 Professional (the bundled DAW that comes with the mixer). What still remains to accomplish is getting HUI set up to control SAWStudio from the board. Michael linked to software that may accomplish this, but I haven't had time to mess with it. Tomorrow I will get a chance to see if I can get it working.
    Gesundheit. So... you load the HUI MIDI control template in SAWStudio, wire it all up right, and it simply doesn't work? Is the hurdle getting the MIDI I/O in SAW to translate to/from Ethernet in your computer? I guess that could be a thing, huh? I wonder how other DAWs do it.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

  10. #90

    Default Re: PreSonus StudioLive Series III

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Gesundheit. So... you load the HUI MIDI control template in SAWStudio, wire it all up right, and it simply doesn't work? Is the hurdle getting the MIDI I/O in SAW to translate to/from Ethernet in your computer? I guess that could be a thing, huh? I wonder how other DAWs do it.
    I've finally got it working. Bob pointed me to the help file in SAWStudio... I STILL don't do that FIRST!!! He also said I should be trying the Mackie Emulation template rather than HUI, so that's what works. As it turns out, there is also a setting in the driver applet for the StudioLive that needed to be correctly addressed, then the settings in SAWStudio. It's really nice to have this functionality.
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording
    My cats have nine lives; my life has nine cats.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •