Quote Originally Posted by John Ludlow View Post
This is great news! SAW/SAC 64 is moving into hardware alpha testing! Thank you so much for doing this. Good results too. I was starting to lose hope.

I'm very curious about Process Lasso Pro. What is the setup like? Are you pinning SAW/SAC to a single core somehow? If so, are they pinned to the same core - and is it possible to pin them to separate cores? What percentage of the pinned processor (if relevant) are you devoting to SAW/SAC? I've spent a short time on the PL site. I see CPU affinity (under dynamic local mode) but not real-time priority. And their CPU affinity seems to be automatic for whatever it sees as the highest-use threads, rather than by application. But I could easily be getting it wrong.

Great work! And thanks some more!
I looked at a lot of options to get CPU affinity to work. There may be other options, but Lasso was the only one I could get to function reliably.

I've pretty much turned off all the other functions and am really only interested in the CPU pinning and Process Elevation.

I'm not doing anything to the SAW Studio process so it runs as its default process level and can use both CPUs.

Process Lasso lets you easily select CPU affinity and process level and set them to always use those settings. (image below is just to show the Process Lasso interface) You can see the Priority Class and CPU affinity options, where it will either show you the current setting or allow you to always use a particular configuration.

Name:  IMG_2521.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  99.7 KB