Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: New Win10 LTSB Build with SAC/SAW64 - Initial Testing

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Philip,

... Is an internal monitor screen saver - or the Windows one?
    Windows. Which I can of coarse just turn off, but would be nice to be able to let the screen blank if its sitting idle for an extended period of time.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Blog Entries

Philip,

I thought that this could be done within the monitor itself - especially those that use Display Port connectivity? If the monitor uses HDMI or Display Port ... the connection itself will "sense" mouse or keyboard activity and will then resume display.
    Last edited by mr_es335; 03-28-2019 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Philip,

I thought that this could be done within the monitor itself - especially those that use Display Port connectivity? If the monitor uses HDMI or Display Port ... the connection itself will "sense" mouse or keyboard activity and will then resume display.
    Good suggestion, I'll check and see if that functionality exists in the monitor.
    Philip G.

Sweet looking rig, Philip. Did you enjoy assembling the multipin connectors? Solder or crimp? What connectors did you go with?
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Sweet looking rig, Philip. Did you enjoy assembling the multipin connectors? Solder or crimp? What connectors did you go with?
    I did Amphenol MP62 series solder connectors.

Not so much fun soldering and I did run into an issue with the Male Panel Mount version of the connectors.

Amphenol in their grand wisdom decided to glue the panel flange to the connector housing and failed to mention this in any of their documentation.

So I ended up trashing one set of connectors trying to remove the flange to gain better access to the solder pins.

Other than that its mostly just patience and time.

Definitely nice to have the snakes on twist locks.
    Philip G.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrafx View Post
    Amphenol in their grand wisdom decided to glue the panel flange to the connector housing and failed to mention this in any of their documentation.

So I ended up trashing one set of connectors trying to remove the flange to gain better access to the solder pins.
    Ouch.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by cgrafx View Post
    I did Amphenol MP62 series solder connectors.

Not so much fun soldering and I did run into an issue with the Male Panel Mount version of the connectors.

Other than that its mostly just patience and time.

Definitely nice to have the snakes on twist locks.
    Are you happy with the MOTU 8m units? I hadn't checked those out before. I am assuming you have those hooked up to the computer via USB. Can you control the preamp volume remotely, like from a WiFi netbook? Also, some time, could you post a photo taken from behind the 8m units and showing the computer, connections,etc.? That would sure be appreciated.

Wow! What a sexy rig!!!! Very well though out system. Thank you for posting the pictures!

Quote Originally Posted by dbarrow View Post
    Are you happy with the MOTU 8m units? I hadn't checked those out before. I am assuming you have those hooked up to the computer via USB. Can you control the preamp volume remotely, like from a WiFi netbook? Also, some time, could you post a photo taken from behind the 8m units and showing the computer, connections,etc.? That would sure be appreciated.
    Actually I'm currently connected to the computer via ADAT to an RME RayDAT card.

I am also connected via Ethernet and can store and recall settings, but unfortunately its single interface at a time instead of all connected interfaces at once (I've sent that into MOTU as a suggestion).

The MOTU units are all connected together over Ethernet AVB, which allows me to do a digital split for FOH when needed.

I've been wanting to try out the Thunderbolt interface, but don't have a PC motherboard with Thunderbolt support yet.
    Philip G.