Close

Default Problem Saving Session From Remote

Anyone run across this? I'm trying to determine what is causing the following error on the remote when trying to save a session. No problem saving on the host. This didn't seem to be an issue before I moved from XP to Windows 10 on the host. This is the error I get on the remote.

Warning-From Host

Trouble Creating Or Opening File For Write Operation!
    Check Track Label For Illegal FileName Characters.
    Make Sure There's Enough Disc Space For The Operation

I have checked track labels several times and the FileNaming appears to be correct so I am missing something somewhere.

Host:
    Windows 10 64 bit, i5, 16GB memory
    C: drive is shared, (SAWHOST/users) have full control
    SAC 4.5
    Permission for the remote is MON-FOH
    Running as admin, compatibility mode is XP Service Pack 3

Remote:
    Windows 10 64 bit
    SAC Remote 4.5
    Running as admin, compatibility mode is XP Service Pack 3

Thanks for any insights.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Problem Saving Session From Remote

William,

Here is some information that I received from Bob some time ago, "All connected remote computers should have read and write access to all drives and folders which SAC will be using, or remote file operations will be limited. You should also be signed on to the network and have entered any required passwords in Windows before attempting to connect within SAC. You should verify that you can copy and paste files from and to the host computer in the Windows explorer before attempting the SAC connection."

Have these steps been implemented! So...three things:

1. Read and write access to all drives and folders which SAC will be using
    2. Signed on to the network and have entered any required passwords in Windows before attempting to connect within SAC.
    3. You should verify that you can copy and paste files from and to the host computer in the Windows explorer before attempting the SAC connection.

Let me know...

Thanks for the reply Dell. I can log into the host computer from the remote, copy and paste files from the host system drive as well as the data drive where the session is saved. SAC remote connects well with the host and works as expected. Just can't save the session from the remote. I'm missing something.

William... you will want to keep session saves on the host machine... so the remote save command should only be triggering the save of the session on the host machine... not saving onto the remote.

Bob L

Yes that's how I remembered it working when I was running XP on the host computer, triggering the save of the session on the host computer.

Well after starting the host and remote computers this morning it is now working as expected. Several restarts yesterday and even reinstalling SAC on both the host and remote failed to get it to work. Today however no problem. I'm at a loss as to why it's ok now but it wouldn't work yesterday.

Thanks to Dell and Bob for taking time to reply.