Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: OT: UAD Lexicon 224 wet signal heavy on the right

Quote Originally Posted by Sean McCoy View Post
    Well...not using it in SS, but to confirm I just tried it in PT, and the return is balanced. However I do recall some online chatter years ago about the original Lexicon 224 actually being slightly right-heavy inherently, and that UAD was consistent with that in their modeling. But I don't ever recall the plugin being noticeably out of balance in any DAW I've used it with. Not to the point of distraction, at least. And I still do use it frequently in music mixes.
    Hi Sean,

Interesting.

What I'm hearing isn't subtle. Any chance you could do a little test and see if you don't perceive heavy-right-side early reflections in your 100% wet stereo field for almost all the reverb programs? Mono source, of course, of course. (nonsequitur Mr. Ed humor) Thanks!
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Currently swamped but I'll try to give it a go later in the week. I'm curious as to whether the plugin previously worked fine for you and just started this behavior recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean McCoy View Post
    Currently swamped but I'll try to give it a go later in the week. I'm curious as to whether the plugin previously worked fine for you and just started this behavior recently.
    Wish I knew. I've never noticed it before. But, then, I haven't used this plugin much before. Not sure if I've ever listened to the 100% wet signal.

Thanks.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts