Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IOIH control

Default IOIH control

Was just wondering if there is any use for the IOIH (I/O Interface Hardware) view. Did Montarbo ever release the hardware and can there be any other use for that particular control view?

Default Re: IOIH control

Montarbo never did release the hardware designed specifically for that view... I am considering modifying it to possibly handle some of the newer midi control mic trim hardware that has begun to show up.

Bob L

Well, controlling the Yamaha TIO/RIO boxes would be not a big deal. Currently I'm changing my system towarads a Dante based setting using the AIC128 - D and two TIO-1608-D.
    I'll use my SAC-Gain plugin to remote it.
    Is there any documentation of the HW interface?
    3 * TIO1608 + AIC-128 + X-Touch + Dante -> AES + DADC-144DT

SATlive is my measurement software
    DIN 15905-5 (German SPL Limit)

Do let us know how that goes for you. Has anybody tried the new Rme digiface dante?

Quote Originally Posted by TomyN View Post
    Currently I'm changing my system towarads a Dante based setting using the AIC128 - D
    A Dante network card is certainly the safest solution. Has anyone made any experiences with the Dante Virtual Soundcard?
    SAC Host: i5-660, 3.33GHz, 12GB RAM, Win10 LTSC, (2) RayDAT, (3) Behringer ADA8000 modded, (4) Behringer ADA8200, 26" TFT

I have used Dante virtual soundcard in a non SAC setting. It works well, but has high latency. I have heard this can be mitigated by using a PCI-E card like the RedNet, but haven’t had a chance to test that yet.
    Michael McInnis Productions

We just sent two systems out with Adam Sandler's tour using the new Win 10 installs and all Dante based... they use a Yamaha CL5 Dante system with the RIO boxes... we used only the Virtual SoundCard driver and everything looks pretty good... all working to start with... we'll see how stable it all is as the tour progresses.

I was actually getting 2 x 128 performance in SAC with just the Virtual Soundcard... I thought that was pretty good.

Bob L

Interesting. Maybe the issue I was having was elsewhere in the system.
    Michael McInnis Productions

Hi
    currently I'm setting up my new system using the Yamaha Dante Card.
    It seems to work fine ( currently just 2 TIO 1608-D and a AVIO AES device) runs stable with 1 * 64.

The next step is to test the TIO Control Interface for SAC.
    @Bob: Any documentation about the HW - Interface - Protocol?

Regards

Tomy
    3 * TIO1608 + AIC-128 + X-Touch + Dante -> AES + DADC-144DT

SATlive is my measurement software
    DIN 15905-5 (German SPL Limit)

The current IOIH control was designed specifically for the Montarbo boxes which never did come to market... I will have to dive into creating new code to talk to other units.

Bob L