Close

Default Pass through to monitor

Hello,

I'm asking for friendly help.
    I still use SAC version 3.1
    On an Monitor-console we'd like to create an own mix for an live stream.
    I remember weakly that you can pass a return channel with reverb or an output channel with a key combination "through" to a monitor channel. How does it work?

Best regards
    Walter
    SAC Host: i5-660, 3.33GHz, 12GB RAM, Win10 LTSC, (2) RayDAT, (3) Behringer ADA8000 modded, (4) Behringer ADA8200, 26" TFT

Default Re: Pass through to monitor

Quote Originally Posted by kabelwalter View Post
    Hello,

I'm asking for friendly help.
    I still use SAC version 3.1
    On an Monitor-console we'd like to create an own mix for an live stream.
    I remember weakly that you can pass a return channel with reverb or an output channel with a key combination "through" to a monitor channel. How does it work?

Best regards
    Walter
    Is there a reason you wouldn't simply build your live stream mix as a simple separate mix (using one of the monitor mixes)?

What are you hoping to accomplish by passing the return or output channel to the monitor mix?
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

On the monitor mixer Return chan the input source is set to Pre or Pst fdr... which passes the signal from the FOH mixer (pre or pst fader).

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by cgrafx View Post
    Is there a reason you wouldn't simply build your live stream mix as a simple separate mix (using one of the monitor mixes)?

What are you hoping to accomplish by passing the return or output channel to the monitor mix?
    That is what we will do, using an separte mix on an separate monitor (monitor 10).
    To simplify the mixing the FX made on the FOH mix would do the job also for the live stream sound.

Do you know the mouse and keyboard combination to route the FX-return signal from the FOH console layer to the monitor consoles?
    SAC Host: i5-660, 3.33GHz, 12GB RAM, Win10 LTSC, (2) RayDAT, (3) Behringer ADA8000 modded, (4) Behringer ADA8200, 26" TFT

Thumbs up Re: Pass through to monitor

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    On the monitor mixer Return chan the input source is set to Pre or Pst fdr... which passes the signal from the FOH mixer (pre or pst fader).

Bob L
    Why didn't I think of that myself?
    Thank you! Perfect. I'll try it this evening.