Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Default Re: SAC new version release finally cracks Win 7, 8 and 10 performance bogdown.

dbarrow,
    ...Their engineer referred to their "realtime OS" inside the mixer.
    ... From what I have been able to ascertain from others, many digital mixers are using Linux for the imbedded OS. Others may "chime in" here for further clarification.

I know that some have used "imbedded XP"..so what of "imbedded 7" or "imbedded 10"?
    Last edited by mr_es335; 11-25-2019 at 11:42 AM.

Default Re: SAC new version release finally cracks Win 7, 8 and 10 performance bogdown.

Thank you very much Bob, Dell and Philip for your friendly answers!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    1. Can you send us your general system specs, Mobo, CPU, RAM and I/O should do.
    It is my first and only system I made especially for SAC in 2010:

Motherboard: ASUS P7H55D-M EVO_V2
    CPU: i5-660, 3,33 GHz
    RAM: was 4GB with XP, now upgraded to 12 GB for Win 10 LTSC
    Soundcards: 2x RME RayDAT
    HDMI/Video: internal Videochip of the i5-660 which is working well after I installed that Intel drivers utility from their webpage. Previously I had problems loading VST plugins, which could be solved with it.

Finally with the latest RME drivers I ran it with 1x32 Samples with SAC 4.6a last weekend on XP.
    As I remeber I worked most of the time with 2x64 Samples with SAC 3.1.

Having said it is installed also the Dante Virtual Soundcard as well as Dante Via as I plan to test an Dante connection as soon as the system is running without slipping buffers.

2. On all of my testing with WIN10 LTSC, for the most part, all that I have done are three main things:

a) Enabled Force Single CPU
    b) Force RealTime Priority Class
    c) System Properties > Advanced > Settings > i) Enable only, Show shadows under mouse pointer, ii) Smooth edges of screen fonts, and iii) Use drop shadows for icon labels on the desktop
    I tried it with single CPU configured in the BIOS as I found it is the best since years with this system, as well as in 2 core configuration using the "Enabled Force Single CPU" option.
    As far as I can tell are the Single core/CPU configurations better in regard of slipped buffers as the 2 core.

Force RealTime Priority Class: Yes I used that, even though I wasn't used to it from the past.

System Properties > Advanced > Settings > I used the advice from the Helpfile (which is the same as the Manual I guess).

The SAC64 User Manual v1.1, 3.1.6 Tweaking Windows For Better Performance, Page 18, 25 to 35 has more tweaking information for you to consider - which look to be already completed by you?
    I used the list from the helpfile which is installed with SAC64, bus as far as I can see these are the same tweaking hints as in the Manual v1.1.

Lastly, to have that many slipped buffers indicates to me that there is something else going on.
    Yes - that is what I'm looking for. Which process is coming across.
    In the meantime I've installed Process Lasso Pro withits default config.
    This is giving me the one or other nice information like the real used proirity (realtime, normal, ...) but until now I was not able solving the high numbers of slipping buffers.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrafx View Post
    Do you have the screen saver or screen blanking running. If so, that process will stomp all over the audio engine.
    Screen saver is OFF in the Windows configuration.
    SAC Host: i5-660, 3.33GHz, 12GB RAM, Win10 LTSC, (2) RayDAT, (3) Behringer ADA8000 modded, (4) Behringer ADA8200, 26" TFT

Hi,
    Check your bios settings, if there is a Byte-Size value in the PCI settings (I cound not remember the exact name). This setting limits the data - buffer size used for the PCI input. On my previous system changing this value from 32 (I previously thought as shorter as better) to 128 solved my problems on that particular system.
    I also noticed differences in performance depending on the time when SAC was started (via Task-Sheduler or by Hand). On one of my machines automated starting creates a ton of buffers, shutting down and restarting SAC solved that.
    Did you try compatibility modes and Run as Admin?

Regards

Tomy
    3 * TIO1608 + AIC-128 + X-Touch + Dante -> AES + DADC-144DT

SATlive is my measurement software
    DIN 15905-5 (German SPL Limit)

Quote Originally Posted by kabelwalter View Post
    Screen saver is OFF in the Windows configuration.
    Not just the screen saver. If the screen goes to sleep for what ever reason Win10 either lowers the priority of the running processes or elevates/runs some other process that will stomp on the audio engine.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Is wi fi on or off?

I'm now one big step further where I've worked through the tips from Martin's YT video in addition to the tweaks in the manual.
    https://youtu.be/nY-iJLvWq7M
    With 2x64 a test project runs now which I created from scratch with 30% sys load without lost buffer. I wait to see how it will look in a few hours.
    UPDATE: The system ran without network and switched on monitor 5 hours without additional lost buffers.
    @TomyN: I checked, but my ASUS board doesn't seem to have this PCI byte-size setting.
    As it is SAC64 there is the compatibility mode not option, isn't it?
    The .exe file is set to administrator just as it was done so far and additionally with the tips of Martin in his YT video.
    @Philip: My monitor doesn't have a save mode that it automatically falls into.
    @Reujonik: My SAC PC has no wifi module or similar.

Walter
    Last edited by kabelwalter; 11-28-2019 at 02:07 AM. Reason: typing error corrected & update
    SAC Host: i5-660, 3.33GHz, 12GB RAM, Win10 LTSC, (2) RayDAT, (3) Behringer ADA8000 modded, (4) Behringer ADA8200, 26" TFT