Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: 64bit Signal Switcher plugin? Plus LACE questions

Oh, and it does batch processing....
    Michael McInnis Productions

Thanks for the recommendations - guess I'll be buying dbPowerAmp...

Regards,
    John

A free stand-alone alternative is Format Factory. It not only converts lots of files at a time, but supports all kinds of audio and video formats. And it's free. I've been using it for years. http://www.pcfreetime.com/formatfact...hp?language=en It's ad supported but they are unobtrusive.
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording
    My cats have nine lives; my life has nine cats.

Thanks! I will check that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rupert View Post
    A free stand-alone alternative is Format Factory. It not only converts lots of files at a time, but supports all kinds of audio and video formats. And it's free. I've been using it for years. http://www.pcfreetime.com/formatfact...hp?language=en It's ad supported but they are unobtrusive.
    Michael McInnis Productions

Unfortunately, this does not appear to be able to install on a non-Internet connected machine - there isn't even Internet service to the building my studio is in. The installer tries to phone home and I did not go any further. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

Regards,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by jcgriggs View Post
    Unfortunately, this does not appear to be able to install on a non-Internet connected machine - there isn't even Internet service to the building my studio is in. The installer tries to phone home and I did not go any further. Thanks for the suggestion, though!

Regards,
    John
    Well, two suggestions: 1. You could contact the program support folks here: mailtocfreetime@gmail.com and ask if there's a way around the issue. 2. I have an installer for an older version of the program that doesn't require an internet connection to work. I can send that to you. It's 40 MB, so I'd have to send it via WeTransfer. Give me an e-mail address where I can send it if you'd like a copy.
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording

Richard,

If it's ad supported, isn't that the reason for the need to be connected to the interwebs?
    " It is one of the most beautiful compensations in life … that no man can sincerely try to help another without helping himself." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Bill Corkery Productions
    Studio for Creative Audio

Quote Originally Posted by bcorkery View Post
    Richard,

If it's ad supported, isn't that the reason for the need to be connected to the interwebs?
    Well, now that you mention it, that's probably the case. But the older version I have installs without a connection (I took it from my internet connected house machine to the unconnected studio machine and it works fine). And it has the same mp3 capabilities as the newer version. Worth a try, anyway...
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording

Well, two suggestions: 1. You could contact the program support folks here: mailtocfreetime@gmail.com and ask if there's a way around the issue. 2. I have an installer for an older version of the program that doesn't require an internet connection to work. I can send that to you. It's 40 MB, so I'd have to send it via WeTransfer. Give me an e-mail address where I can send it if you'd like a copy.
    Thanks for the offer, but I am fine with paying for dbPowerAmp. I'm a software developer myself, so if these guys have an Ad-supported free program, I don't want to take bread out of their mouths by breaking that or using an older version to get around it...

Regards,
    John

Quote Originally Posted by jcgriggs View Post
    Thanks for the offer, but I am fine with paying for dbPowerAmp. I'm a software developer myself, so if these guys have an Ad-supported free program, I don't want to take bread out of their mouths by breaking that or using an older version to get around it...

Regards,
    John
    Okay, very cool. I'm using the latest version, which I installed when I was setting up my new studio machine. For a short period of time I had it connected to the internet to download drivers... but when I use Format Factory, it doesn't seem to ask for an internet connection now that it's installed and I'm not online. Maybe just a coincidence...
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording