Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Antelope Orion 32+ Interface

Quote Originally Posted by dbarrow View Post
    The OctoPres can be switched to analog line out from their preamps. I already have 6 of those (48 channels) and lots of other preamps: Phoenix DRS-8, Neve Shelford channel, Warm Audio WA-412, Summit, etc. The D-sub connectors on the Orion 32+ have 32 analog inputs. I could sell my RayDAT card and RME Fireface USB and pay for the Orion and still have money left over.
    Ok.. that makes sense. Didn't realize the OctoPres could do analog out.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrafx View Post
    Ok.. that makes sense. Didn't realize the OctoPres could do analog out.
    The Behringer ADA units can do this, too:

"By design, the analog inputs and outputs on the ADA8200 are not connected. The analog inputs are routed to the ADAT output, and the ADAT input is routed to the analog outputs. If you want to use the ADA8200 as a standalone preamp, connect an ADAT cable from the ADAT output to the ADAT input on the ADA8200 for a loopback connection. This will allow signal to pass through to the analog outputs."

Quote Originally Posted by dbarrow View Post
    The Behringer ADA units can do this, too:

"By design, the analog inputs and outputs on the ADA8200 are not connected. The analog inputs are routed to the ADAT output, and the ADAT input is routed to the analog outputs. If you want to use the ADA8200 as a standalone preamp, connect an ADAT cable from the ADAT output to the ADAT input on the ADA8200 for a loopback connection. This will allow signal to pass through to the analog outputs."

Yes, but that method is not an Analog output from the preamps. That is an output generated through double conversion (A/D and D/A) and the added latency of the converters.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

I was hoping to find someone that had actual experience with the Orion 32+ with Windows 10, latency, reliability, etc. It looks like it would be an ideal solution for me, but I can't get a straight answer from anyone. Sweetwater quit carrying Antelope products and won't say why for "political" reasons. A friend of mine has experience with the Goliath HD, but that is in a studio that uses Mac, Thunderbolt, etc.