Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default No Link with updates

Ok I'm in panic mode. Updated to 5.8 and 4.6. Did the 64 bit also. Before with 5.7 and 4.5 I could link SAC and SS. Now when I go to activate SAC
    link it is greyed out and there is no "import" functions either. 64 bit seems to work at this point. In 3 weeks i have the final performance of my
    career/ life as a bass player at a 50 year high school reunion and yes "we're getting the band back together" Or at least 3/4 of it. I'm doing sound and recording it.
    And this pops up. I tried deleting preference files and other tricks ..... no go. SS will not link to SAC. (4.6 to 5.8)
    Just double checked and 64 bit is fine but at present I haven't found EQ's reverbs sub xovers etc. that I like in the 64 bit versions. I open SAC 4.6
    open my files, start SAC and everything is working then start SS and cannot get it to "activate link".
    Suggestions please.

S. Lewis
    Mountain View Recording
    Audio-video Electronics

Default Re: No Link with updates

Just tested 4.6 to 5.8 here and they linked fine... not sure what would be causing your issue.

Make sure you do not have multiple SACs and SAWStudios running on the taskbar at the same time.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Steve L View Post
    Ok I'm in panic mode. Updated to 5.8 and 4.6. Did the 64 bit also. Before with 5.7 and 4.5 I could link SAC and SS. Now when I go to activate SAC
    link it is greyed out and there is no "import" functions either. 64 bit seems to work at this point. In 3 weeks i have the final performance of my
    career/ life as a bass player at a 50 year high school reunion and yes "we're getting the band back together" Or at least 3/4 of it. I'm doing sound and recording it.
    And this pops up. I tried deleting preference files and other tricks ..... no go. SS will not link to SAC. (4.6 to 5.8)
    Just double checked and 64 bit is fine but at present I haven't found EQ's reverbs sub xovers etc. that I like in the 64 bit versions. I open SAC 4.6
    open my files, start SAC and everything is working then start SS and cannot get it to "activate link".
    Suggestions please.

S. Lewis
    Mountain View Recording
    Audio-video Electronics
    Not sure if this is relevant, but I believe both SAW and SAC have to be either 32-bit or 64-bit, you can't mix and match 32-bit and 64-bit.

At least that has been my experience. Tried to use 64bit remote with the 32-bit SAC and no joy.

I've had zero issue with 64-bit SAW/SAC connecting across two different systems. (My studio rig (win8) and my test motherboard (win10))

I've also not had any issue with the latest 32-bit versions of SAW/SAC which run on my Live Rig under XP SP3.
    Last edited by cgrafx; 06-09-2019 at 01:15 AM.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

I know that 32 and 64 bit aren't "compatible" That's not the problem, I didn't update the 64 bit versions, just the 32 bit. Rebooted, reloaded, redid the preferences,
    Even loaded them both 4.6 and 5.8 with different names SAC A SS A and even as separate installs they won't link. Weird. I have a completely cloned laptop
    I'm going to get from my shop today and try it again before updating. This worked last Sunday during a practice.
    Win 7 Pro 64bit / SSD / Profire 2626 / Lenovo W500
    When you click on "activate link" the <SAC-SS> doesn't go dark it stays greyed out and all the options for importing are greyed out.
    Trying more later this evening. I'm going to pull the "cloned" 4.5 off the other laptop later. Thanks

Steven Lewis
    Audio-Video Electronics
    Mountain View Recording

4.6 and 5.8 are linking fine here on an old HP laptop running Win 10. Sorry, I know it doesn't help but I have no idea what could be an issue with your software/hardware combo...
    Last edited by Richard Rupert; 06-09-2019 at 10:16 AM. Reason: Clarity
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording
    My cats have nine lives; my life has nine cats.

Ok this is getting stranger ever second. The backup computer with SAC 4.5 and SS 5.7 works fine. I copied the entire folders to an ext SSD.
    Then copied the folders to the original computer after renaming the original 4.6 and 5.8 folders. I run straight from the .exe file in the folders. The 4.5 and 5.7
    will NOT link BUT if I run the programs from the SSD (copied from the backup computer) they do link. What changes in just copying the folders??? to the SSD
    in the computer. Tried different variations. Running SAC from the external SSD then SS from the ext SSD is OK. If I try to run SS from the computer SSD its back to not linking.
    SAC64 1.1 and SS64 1.1 are working from the computer drive. Just weird but I've got to get this working and stable. It was all working fine last weekend, no hardware changes etc.
    Next up clean installs of 4.6 and 5.8.

Steve Lewis
    Audio-Video Electronics
    Mountain View Recording

Lenovo W500 Core 2 Duo 2.8G / 8 G DDR3L / Intel SSD 512G /

OK I figured this one out!! Both programs have to have the compatibilty set to XP SP2. Once this is done then all is fine.
    Back up and running. Thanks
    S.Lewis
    Audio-Video Electronics
    Mountain View Recording
    The Romens (1967-68) Heavy Water (1969-70)

The current versions should be completely Win 7, 8 and 10 compatible... and not need the XP compatibility set... try it with the 4.6 and 5.8... but make sure both are set the same.

Bob L

Everything is working great now, 2X64 stable, even about 2-3% lower cpu usage, so I'm going to leave it for now. After the gig I may try going back to
    "non-compatible/original" mode. But I'm happy with the performance now. Thanks for the help.
    S. Lewis
    Audio-video Electronics
    Mountain View Recording

10. Default Re: No Link with updates

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    The current versions should be completely Win 7, 8 and 10 compatible... and not need the XP compatibility set... try it with the 4.6 and 5.8... but make sure both are set the same.

Bob L
    I still have the extra border (border padding problem) if I don't run version 4.6 in XP compatibility mode.

This is on Windows 10 Home.

So I guess version 4.6 is not quite Windows 10 compatible - or am I missing something?
    Peter Olsen

Hardware: Asus Prime Z690-P D4, Intel Core i5-12600K, 8 GB ram, 500GB NVMe SSD, 2 RayDAT, 2 DSB2408 preamp/converters.