Close

1. Default Border padding - XP compatibility mode

Hi - I'm starting a new thread regarding border padding because I don't want to derail the "No link .." thread (any further).

According til Bob L the new versions, SAC-4.6 and SAC64-1.1, are fully compatible with Windows 10 and they don't need to be run in Windows XP compatibility mode. But when I run the programs on my two Windows 10 Home machines, without copying F-keys or preference files (as instructed by Bob L), they show the extra border.

Do anyone else have the same behaviour on their PC's or is et just me?
    Peter Olsen

Hardware: Asus Prime Z690-P D4, Intel Core i5-12600K, 8 GB ram, 500GB NVMe SSD, 2 RayDAT, 2 DSB2408 preamp/converters.

Default Re: Border padding - XP compatibility mode

Yes... that is correct... they are supposed to show the extra border... that is what border padding is... but they handle the border properly and adjust all window sizes to include the border in the pixel mapping for the mouse.

The older versions corrupted all the window pixel mappings because they were unaware of the extra border padding.

Bob L

3. Default Re: Border padding - XP compatibility mode

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Yes... that is correct... they are supposed to show the extra border... that is what border padding is... but they handle the border properly and adjust all window sizes to include the border in the pixel mapping for the mouse.

The older versions corrupted all the window pixel mappings because they were unaware of the extra border padding.

Bob L
    Oh - I'm sorry! I thought the white border was supposed to be gone.
    I find the white border ugly and unnecessary, so I'll probably keep using XP compatibility mode.
    Peter Olsen

Hardware: Asus Prime Z690-P D4, Intel Core i5-12600K, 8 GB ram, 500GB NVMe SSD, 2 RayDAT, 2 DSB2408 preamp/converters.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Border padding - XP compatibility mode

Peter,

Or you could use "TinyWindowsBorders" to remove them entirely.

5. Default Re: Border padding - XP compatibility mode

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Peter,

Or you could use "TinyWindowsBorders" to remove them entirely.
    Thank you. It's nice to have options.
    Peter Olsen