Close

Default Problem saving a session from a remote

At the present I am unable to save a session (Ctrl + S) from a remote. I have to save from the host. At various times though it works ok, then stops working. I have had the issue with both 4.5 and 4.6. The issue is the same whether the remote permission is set to FOH of Mon. The system drive on the host has enough space and is shared with full permissions.

Default Re: Problem saving a session from a remote

What OS... if it is Win 7 or higher... there could be security ownership issues that still need to be adjusted.

Look at the details in the new Win 10 Tweak section of the current SAC or SAWStudio helpfile... you will see some gyrations that need to be done in order to gain full access to files across the network.

Bob L

Issue resolved. A case of not paying attention to where I had saved the mix session. For some reason months ago I saved it on a drive other than the C: drive which was not shared. I always opened this mix session from the Recent Mix Session File List and hadn't paid attention to the path once the session was opened. Also, almost all of the time I saved the session from the host machine.

What's curious to me is that once in awhile the mix session was able to be saved from a remote, leading me to believe something had recently broken. Sharing that drive resolved the issue of not being able to save from a remote.

However, I now save mix sessions to the shared C: drive to avoid repeating the problem in the future on both my studio and mobile system.

Thanks Bob for taking time to respond to an issue that I should have resolved.

Blog Entries

William,

I am not sure if you are at interested, but I wrote a series of articles on SAC Remote. These can be obtained here...

There are six articles in all and the one that is particularly interesting is the article on "SACRemote, Using UNC Paths".

I believe you should find any of these article helpful.

Thanks Dell I will take a look.