Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default New Vst plugins knock others out

Slate Digital just updated their "Everything Bundle" to "All Access Pass". Some new plugs are included, including a bunch from KiloHearts. After I added their dll's to the vst plugins folder, they work fine but 3 Slate plugins no longer show up in SAW's plugins window. They are VerbSuite Classics, Virtual Mix rack and Virtual Tape Machines. Their dll's are still there but they are not accessible. If I remove the KiloHearts dll's, they are back and work as before. Not that I really care if I have the KiloHearts plugins in SAW but does anybody know a fix for this so all these plugs can co-exist in SAW?

Default Re: New Vst plugins knock others out

Use the .ini method for SAW VST plugins... put the plugins in separate folders and use an .ini file to link to them.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Use the .ini method for SAW VST plugins... put the plugins in separate folders and use an .ini file to link to them.

Bob L
    I just got some Plug in Alliance bx plugs that prevent the Slate VTM from showing up. As soon as these .dlls are removed from the SAW vst plugins folder, VTM is back.

I looked this subject up in the SAWhelpfile and did as it said but the plugin I tried it with, bx_opto.dll, did not show up in the plugins list.

My file looks like this:

C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins\bx_opto.dll

The file is called bx_opto.ini

What did I do wrong?

At least, this time, only one plugin was removed from the list instead of several.

99.9% of the time, just placing the dll in the vst plugin folder works fine.
    Last edited by demodoc; 06-24-2019 at 01:03 AM.

There is a limit to how many plugins can be seen by SAW. Once that limit is exceeded, plugins alphabetically at the end of the your normal list disappear. Could this be the issue here?
    Michael McInnis Productions

An easy thing to forget is the carriage return at the end of the line in the .ini file.

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    There is a limit to how many plugins can be seen by SAW. Once that limit is exceeded, plugins alphabetically at the end of the your normal list disappear. Could this be the issue here?
    You nailed it! I had no idea there was a limit. I've been on a plugin collecting spree recently. Removed a bunch of plugins I never use, mostly free stuff and, voila, problem solved! Thanks!!

What is the limit, by the way?
    Last edited by demodoc; 06-24-2019 at 09:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wink0r View Post
    An easy thing to forget is the carriage return at the end of the line in the .ini file.
    I did that, thanks.

I don’t remember. All I know is I own more than the limit by a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by demodoc View Post
    You nailed it! I had no idea there was a limit. I've been on a plugin collecting spree recently. Removed a bunch of plugins I never use, mostly free stuff and, voila, problem solved! Thanks!!

What is the limit, by the way?
    Michael McInnis Productions

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    I don***8217;t remember. All I know is I own more than the limit by a lot.

LOL!

I just created a folder within the main SAW folder called "removed vst plugins", so they are available if I want to use any of them sometime. There was a fair amount of junk in there and more versions of plugs than there needed to be, such as Waves Q 2, Q 4 etc when all I would ever use would be Q 10.

Maybe Bob can fill us in as to the vst plugin limit in SAWStudio 64, eh Bob?

Thanks again!

500 Max... you guys really have that many plugs... that's insane!!!

Bob L