Close

Default DANTE for the first time

New dante input section featuring two TIO-1680 and one Dante - AES Adapter.
    Works very smooth...

3 * TIO1608 + AIC-128 + X-Touch + Dante -> AES + DADC-144DT

SATlive is my measurement software
    DIN 15905-5 (German SPL Limit)

Default Re: DANTE for the first time

Nice. Don't ya just love new tech. Can you tell us your cable flow, how you find the Dante Aes adapter and what sort of latency you're getting. There is also a Dante usb adapter, I wonder how that fares, would it be good for a laptop setup? How do you control the pre's. I am also wondering what the advantage is over SACs native networking. Come on, tell us all about it........

Default Re: DANTE for the first time

Hi
    Computer has a Yamaha AIC-128D PCIe card. Unfortunately this blocks the PCIe 16x port on the MoBo, so I could not continue to use the PCIe Graphics adapter.
    So currently I'm using the pc at FoH (in a 4 HE Case) with the monitor connected to the build - in graphics adapter.

There is a 8 port hub in the FoH(PC) case and a second 8 port hub in the stage - rack (with four PoE ports). Current dante devices are 2 TIO1608-D and one Dante-Avio-AES adapter.
    Latency setting for the TIO is 0.5 ms ( latency monitoring showing around 0.2ms of 'real' latency) and 1.0ms for the AES Adapter ( which is the lowest setting possible for this device).

The x-touch extender is connected via rtp - midi (works fine but the meters are not operating)

OS is win8.1 / 64 ( currently with SAC 4.6 / 32).

Planned next steps are: SAC 64, Two more TIO, one ESI Planet for FoH....
    3 * TIO1608 + AIC-128 + X-Touch + Dante -> AES + DADC-144DT

SATlive is my measurement software
    DIN 15905-5 (German SPL Limit)