Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Melodyne users notice...

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    If you are using SAC as a front-end to SAW, then Live mode is inactive... just press play and let the engine run to hear notes being adjusted.

Bob L
    Bob -- do you mean hearing the results of adjusted notes when the playback cursor reaches them? I'm talking about being able to grab a note blob and change its pitch by dragging it vertically, and hearing the pitch change as you drag. If the MT is playing, we only hear the playback at the cursor, right? At least that's now it works when I do it in SAW (without SAC) in Live mode.

An odd thing is that entering live mode starts playback within Melodyne, and the only way to stop it is to leave live mode.

But I'm on ver. 1.2.1. I can't be sure how the newer versions behave.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    As far as I can tell you do not get the live preview of note adjustment even when SAW’s engine is live.
    Michael -- what version of Melodyne do you have? Can you stop playback when in Live Mode? I cannot on ver. 1.2.1.
    Becket, Massachusetts

4.2.2. I can stop playback fine, but have to stop transferring while still rolling and roll until it has analyzed the transfer because SAW shuts down the engine when stopped, and Melodyne needs the engine running to work correctly. Or, trick SAW into live mode with an open input.
    Michael McInnis Productions

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    How 'bout if you assign a live input?

Select one of your hardware inputs as Input Source at the top of a mixer channel strip. Funky workaround in this context, but that's how I get SAW into Live Mode.
    Oooops, yes, well, uh, that's too logical. Got it now, and no... you can't audition the individual note pitch moves by clicking on them and moving them. But at least, SAW doesn't crash any longer. I do agree though, that being able to hear note pitches as you move them would be much better. That must be a real problem to code around with SAW's engine design, or I'm sure Bob would have done it.
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording
    My cats have nine lives; my life has nine cats.

Michael,

Start playback... click the transfer buton in Melodyne... when past recording section, click the transfer button again and leave SAW playing.... stop playback when the blobs appear on the Melodyne screen.

Bob L

Yes, Bob, that’s how I have been doing it. Blobs are good, that part is working. It is the preview playback while moving the blobs up and down in pitch with the playback paused that doesn’t work in Saw the way it does in other DAWS and in the stand alone version.

Right... looking into it... but to be honest... is that really needed... its very easy to realize that a particular note is a little sharp or flat and you simply slide it to the grid... then test playback.

Bob L

I often use it to create harmonies to vocal parts, so hearing the interval you are transposing to is helpful to me. But, I am used to a workflow outside of SAW for that at this point anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Right... looking into it... but to be honest... is that really needed... its very easy to realize that a particular note is a little sharp or flat and you simply slide it to the grid... then test playback.

Bob L
    FWIW, I think it IS an important function of the plugin. If you can't fix it, I'll be happy that you made it so SAW doesn't crash. But having this feature would be even better.
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording
    My cats have nine lives; my life has nine cats.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Rupert View Post
    FWIW, I think it IS an important function of the plugin. If you can't fix it, I'll be happy that you made it so SAW doesn't crash. But having this feature would be even better.
    +1
    Becket, Massachusetts