Close

Default Problem Getting SAC Link To Work

I have SAC and SAW Studio on my studio computer and the SAC Link function in SAW Studio works as expected. I have been tweaking my remote SAC computer since installing Windows 10 and installed SAW Studio so I can record some sessions. For some reason the SAC Link will not work on the remote computer.

I start SAW Studio and SAC then click on the SAC Link in SAW Studio but it doesn't activate. I reinstalled both SAC 4.6 and SAW Studio 5.8 but that didn't solve the issue. The settings on both the studio and remote computers appear to be identical. The studio computer has one RME RayDat card and the remote computer has two older DigiFace units.

Both computers are running Windows 10 LTSB. The RME driver on the studio computer is version 4.17 and 4.22 on the remote computer.

Any idea what I'm missing? Thanks

Default Re: Problem Getting SAC Link To Work

I just tested SAC 4.6a nd SAWStudio 5.8a with SAC Remote 4.6a... all seemed to work here.

Try those latest versions.

Bob L

Thanks for the reply Bob. I just installed the latest versions but still no SAW Link on my remote computer. When selecting the Activate SAC Link in SAW nothing happens, the SAC Link indication at the upper left of the screen in SAW stays grayed out. It's like SAW is unaware that SAC is running.

What's strange is my studio computer is identical to the remote computer except for the RME interface and the SAW - SAC link works fine. Same MB, i5 CPU and both are running Windows 10 LTSB 64 bit, both have 16gb memory.

Check to make sure both program icons on the desktop are set to Run As Administrator.

Bob L

Thanks Bob that was the issue. I had set the compatibility mode on both programs but somehow missed checking the Run As Administrator check box .

Interestingly, after checking the studio computer where the SAC Link worked properly, the Run As Administrator check box was also not checked on either program but the SAC Link worked. I have used the Run As Administrator option before at times to fix issues, don't know why it didn't come to mind this time. Hopefully next time I will remember.

Thanks again Bob for your insight.

Quote Originally Posted by William Bushnell View Post
    Interestingly, after checking the studio computer where the SAC Link worked properly, the Run As Administrator check box was also not checked on either program but the SAC Link worked. I have used the Run As Administrator option before at times to fix issues
    William, are your user accounts on the two machines set up exactly the same way?

I'm local administrator and the only user on both computers.