Close

Default OT: Bad Track - What happened?

Hi all.
    Can somebody tell me what happened to this track?
    It's a small portion of a bass channel I recorded at a festival over the weekend.
    This is one track of a multi-track taken through my analog splitter snake - as I have done for the past 15 years.
    If it makes a difference, I use SAC as a front end to SAW and use it very simply to provide a live stream mix for radio, while recording the multi-track for later production. Near as I can tell, nothing was going on to cause any hiccups and this is the only track from 8 band recordings that suffered a hit.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!ApQxVDASwyuYk0uxfSxkQoEckDOF

Thanks for any insight.

Default Re: OT: Bad Track - What happened?

That is the sound that occurs when the wave thinks it has more info in it than it actually does. First thing to do is refresh the waveform overview, once you do this, I think you will find the region on the multitrack is longer than the actual recorded wave data and SAW is looping the last x number of buffers until it gets to the faulty region end.
    Michael McInnis Productions

Of course, that doesn’t explain why that track dropped out prematurely.

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    That is the sound that occurs when the wave thinks it has more info in it than it actually does. First thing to do is refresh the waveform overview, once you do this, I think you will find the region on the multitrack is longer than the actual recorded wave data and SAW is looping the last x number of buffers until it gets to the faulty region end.
    Thanks for the response. I had hoped it could be a fairly simple fix and tried refreshing the waveform first off... that didn't do the trick and now I also see that there's no difference in length from any of the other tracks in this set.

This problem occurs roughly 20.45 into an 1.5hr set, with that loop going on throughout the remaining track. I'm not at the correct pc at the moment, but let me know if it will help to have the entire track. I can upload it in awhile.

Try the File Menu "Open Soundfile and Fix Header" option... see if that can fix the file header info which may solve the problem.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Try the File Menu "Open Soundfile and Fix Header" option... see if that can fix the file header info which may solve the problem.

Bob L
    Oh - I forgot that option existed in SAW..... unfortunately, it did not fix it.....

Is the file size the same as the good tracks in MB?

Quote Originally Posted by MMP View Post
    Is the file size the same as the good tracks in MB?
    Yep - sure is. This is maybe the strangest corrupted track I've ever run into in 15 years of recording this festival... strange stuff.