Close

1. Default Mix file not saving plugin

I recently have been using my SAC rig, which has been in storage for years. I updated to v4.5. I'm having a problem with channels reverting to previous FX settings - i.e., a channel that I had tested with an amp sim plugin, after removing the plugin and saving the mix file - the next time I open SAC the plugin is back. I have tested this with different mix files. I don't see any menu option to create a new mix file, just file>open or save-as? I thought maybe since I had the same mix files from previous SAC versions that could be the issue. Would I need to delete the existing mix and template files?

I can remove the plugin individually in the FX section, or by using the "clear" button - either way, no matter how I save/update the mix session, next time I open SAC the plugin is back. Other channel settings don't seem to be affected.

Default Re: Mix file not saving plugin

is the plugin saved/loaded in your default settings file?

Meaning, is it there when you launch SAC even if you haven't specifically opened a mix file?
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

3. Default Re: Mix file not saving plugin

No, I haven't saved any mix template default. Seeing the same behavior with native and vst plugins - once they're added to a channel I can't remove them.

Blog Entries

Hello,

A long shot, but any scenes involved?

How about moving the actual plug-in?
    * Simply create a new folder and drag the plug-in into that folder.

Save your preference file, then delete it and have S create a new one...if that does nothing, then you can re-load your saved preference file.

Check your folders READ-ONLY setting... sometimes Win7 and up sets the READ-ONLY flag for folders that may be copied... and therefore you are not actually updating the files... they are set to READ-ONLY.

Select the folder... right-click and choose Properties and clear the READ-ONLY flag and say Apply or OK... in many cases the flag will be reset next time you look.... but it will be cleared after doing this once.

Bob L

6. Default Re: Mix file not saving plugin

Update, it appears that my old rig was set to use the shutdown.mxs session and the file was corrupt. Fresh install and created new mix from scratch, just did a 4+ hour gig and had 0 dropped buffers - using the old RME 9652 and XP.