Close

1. Default Bus style Effects send

I'm having a bit of issue with setting up simple Reverb and Delay bus sends. I set the aux sends on the channels to post, and have the FX in the AUX return section. I've tried putting it in pre or post, it seems that the volume taper between the sends and returns is glitchy for me, i.e. I hear no effect till I turn up nearly full, it's difficult to adjust from nothing to too much. It's been a while, maybe I'm doing something wrong. The return is virtual, I set to Out 1. I see an option to assign an effect module to a channel, is that a better method?

Default Re: Bus style Effects send

Try this for a post fader setup

1. Set Aux1 to Post
    2. Set Aux1 gain to 0db (Unity gain)
    3. Assign Aux1 ruturn channel to Master out 1
    4. insert your effects on the Aux1 as a Post effect
    5. Make sure the effect is set to wet only (you don't want to be mixing in dry signal)

You will need to bring up both the input fader and the return fader to hear the effect, but you should have pretty good control over the amount of the effect. You will need to bring the Aux1 channel fader up toward Unity as that would be similar to patching the effect directly on the input channel.

Step 2, maybe what your currently missing.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

3. Default Re: Bus style Effects send

Quote Originally Posted by cgrafx View Post
    Try this for a post fader setup

1. Set Aux1 to Post
    2. Set Aux1 gain to 0db (Unity gain)
    3. Assign Aux1 ruturn channel to Master out 1
    4. insert your effects on the Aux1 as a Post effect
    5. Make sure the effect is set to wet only (you don't want to be mixing in dry signal)

You will need to bring up both the input fader and the return fader to hear the effect, but you should have pretty good control over the amount of the effect. You will need to bring the Aux1 channel fader up toward Unity as that would be similar to patching the effect directly on the input channel.

Step 2, maybe what your currently missing.
    That's pretty much what I'm doing, are you saying per step 2 set the Aux level to 0db on the channel? I need to be able to adjust the effect individually, i.e. some channels more or less reverb etc.

Default Re: Bus style Effects send

Quote Originally Posted by tubetonez View Post
    That's pretty much what I'm doing, are you saying per step 2 set the Aux level to 0db on the channel? I need to be able to adjust the effect individually, i.e. some channels more or less reverb etc.
    Yes, on the individual channel. Start at 0db first and adjust from there as needed.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.