Close

Default Replicate track?

What is the quickest way to replicate a track? All regions, settings, plugins...?

Every so often I want a keying track of lower number and hit this question - seems to me there is a way...

Default Re: Replicate track?

Quote Originally Posted by jmh View Post
    What is the quickest way to replicate a track? All regions, settings, plugins...?

Every so often I want a keying track of lower number and hit this question - seems to me there is a way...
    Simple two step process:
    With Cursor at beginning of track:
    1. Drag Regions to desired track
    Cntrl/End (select all regions on track)
    Cntrl/LeftClickDrag (to desired track, then Right Click)

2. Drag Automation to desired track
    Same as above, but this also copies automation outside of regions.
    (note it will simply overwrite automation inside regions)
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com

Quote Originally Posted by jmh View Post

You might also want to copy all of the original channel parameters to the copy channel. Use the channel strip right-click menu choices to first store the parameters to memory. Then change the hot track to the copy channel and use the right-click menu again to recall the stored settings. This will get all the eq, dynamics, volume, pan, etc. - plus it will copy all of the effects into the new channel - You need this for sure, if any automation you copy over is to have any sense.

Quote Originally Posted by UpTilDawn View Post
    You might also want to copy all of the original channel parameters to the copy channel. Use the channel strip right-click menu choices to first store the parameters to memory. Then change the hot track to the copy channel and use the right-click menu again to recall the stored settings. This will get all the eq, dynamics, volume, pan, etc. - plus it will copy all of the effects into the new channel - You need this for sure, if any automation you copy over is to have any sense.
    Channel strip right click! I knew it was in there somewhere...

Thanks gents.

We should have a thread to draft a menu entry cheat sheet (and maybe a few other categories).