Close

Default Video viewer on extended

UPDATE AFTER SEVERAL RESTARTS I AM ABLE TO MOVE IT OVER WITHOUT IT SNAPPPING BACK. i WAS NOT ABLE TO MAKE IT FULL SIZE AND NOW I AM NOT EVEN ABLE TO FIND THE VIEWER
    Hey guys I have started making videos for the words on the big screen at church. Able to drop it right into saw just like expected so I can play it with the multitracks. I start rolling and I can see my video in the viewer. I have windows setting to extend display and in saw when I try to drag it over everything is fine until I release the mouse and Viewer snaps back onto other screen. A couple times it even said in saw extended display not detected. Anyone have any light to shed on this? Greatly appreciated thanks in advance
    Last edited by Pastor Rob; 08-25-2019 at 06:57 PM.

Default Re: Video viewer on extended

Quote Originally Posted by Pastor Rob View Post
    UPDATE AFTER SEVERAL RESTARTS I AM ABLE TO MOVE IT OVER WITHOUT IT SNAPPPING BACK. i WAS NOT ABLE TO MAKE IT FULL SIZE AND NOW I AM NOT EVEN ABLE TO FIND THE VIEWER
    Hey guys I have started making videos for the words on the big screen at church. Able to drop it right into saw just like expected so I can play it with the multitracks. I start rolling and I can see my video in the viewer. I have windows setting to extend display and in saw when I try to drag it over everything is fine until I release the mouse and Viewer snaps back onto other screen. A couple times it even said in saw extended display not detected. Anyone have any light to shed on this? Greatly appreciated thanks in advance
    Same here Rob,
    It would be nice to know the answer.
    But, as I recall, Video Viewer only likes to stay on the the "Main" monitor.
    I tried spanning two monitors with SS and plugins go over... but the video viewer likes the 'Main' monitor.
    Maybe you could try reversing the monitors, then setup SawStudio on second monitor... to see if Video Viewer will stay on "Main" monitor.
    If that doesn't work - seems like VV likes SS screen space only.
    Carl G.
    Voice Talent/Audio Producer
    www.creativetrax.com

BUMP!
    on a 4 yr old thread

yeah, I'd love to get the video viewer on its own monitor outside of my F-Key layouts
    I generally don't mind the Video Viewer included my layouts as I've made a space;
    until I need to better sync audio to the picture (as in the film I'm working on now)

I'm guessing it isn't possible
    i7 8700K| ASRock Z370 Fatal1ty| 64GB Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4-3000| Palit GeForce 1050ti KalmX| RME UFX+| Win10 Pro (21H2) / Win 7 Pro 64| Propellerhead Reason 10 & 8.3| SawStudio Full64| Drawmer MC2.1| Adam A7X| Avantone MixCubes| Gibson 74-75 Byrdland & ES355 '64 RI| Lexicon PCM80 & 81| MesaBoogie TriAxis| Peavey Rock Master| Digitech GSP2101 Dual| RJM RG-16| Masotti MXM| VHT2902 & 2562| EV 12L Classics| Fender Cybertwin FE & SE| Sound Devices 722| Rode K2 & WGII| Sennheiser MKE2| DPA6060

Setup an extended monitor... then use the Video Viewer Render to Exteneded Monitor option in the video viewer popup menu.... you can save the viewer position and default visible in the popup options menu as well.

Bob L

Red face Re: Video viewer on extended

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Setup an extended monitor... then use the Video Viewer Render to Exteneded Monitor option in the video viewer popup menu.... you can save the viewer position and default visible in the popup options menu as well.

Bob L
    Oh my, indeed this is a total RTFM moment
    I did read the manual yesterday
    I guess I just didn't read far enough

Thanks Bob!
    Works great and video viewer is also still in the F-Key saved position and vid playback in both
    I can't believe I've never made this work properly after all the years
    I've worked to 2 monitors for many years
    always learning new stuff :-)

Good deal... but note that the viewer position is not part of any F-Key... it is saved in the video viewer pop up options menu... Save Video Viewer preferences and making it visible as a default is in the Special Options section.

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by Bob L View Post
    Good deal... but note that the viewer position is not part of any F-Key... it is saved in the video viewer pop up options menu... Save Video Viewer preferences and making it visible as a default is in the Special Options section.

Bob L
    Noted
    Bob, thanks so much :-)
    Deep control throughout- it's much appreciated!
    i7 8700K| ASRock Z370 Fatal1ty| 64GB Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4-3000| Palit GeForce 1050ti KalmX| RME UFX+| Win10 Pro (21H2) / Win 7 Pro 64| Propellerhead Reason 10 & 8.3| SawStudio Full64| Drawmer MC2.1| Adam A7X| Avantone MixCubes| Gibson 74-75 Byrdland & ES355 '64 RI| Lexicon PCM80 & 81| MesaBoogie TriAxis| Peavey Rock Master| Digitech GSP2101 Dual| RJM RG-16| Masotti MXM| VHT2902 & 2562| EV 12L Classics| Fender Cybertwin FE & SE| Sound Devices 722| Rode K2 & WGII| Sennheiser MKE2| DPA6060