Close

Default NEED MORE SENDS, OR???

So at our church we have been running sac/saw for many years. We have a main computer in the sound booth that we run sac for the console and i use saw to record all the channels during service. The last year or so i started using multitracks in praise and worship. I have an alien ware laptop on stage that i run multi tracks with saw out of the headphone jack i send click cues/ tracks left right down to the sound booth. I need to have more outputs than just two and i want to make sure im not missing something here. I dont understand how the slave master computers work and if possibly i could obtain more channels that way. Initially i was thinking i needed some kind of digital analog to send out of the laptop and down to the other master computer. It doesnt make sense to have to convert to analog just to change back to digital to me but maybe thats the only way?But shouldnt there be a way to keep it in the digital realm and send from one computer to another via usb or ethernet or some other way i dont know about? I hope i am explaining this so everyone can comprehend my thoughts. I recently picked up an xair so cheap i couldnt pass it up and my thoughts were to use for my home and possibly outreach but i could use it for this situation if it would help. I know the last time i was trying to solve a problem by buying something else, Alex Stroke, who has help me very much over the years, said to me well your using saw for that right and i was like ah no, saw will do that ? So i dont want to do that again and find some other way to do what saw can already do just cause of my lack of knowledge in this situation. So yea more channels somehow from the laptop to the master computer any ideas> Anyone > . if i need to explain anything better please let me know and i will thanks Or maybe a slave computer in the soundbooth that i control from stage? I dont know but there has to be a way to do it. Thank you for you time i appreciate all the knowledge on this forum

Default Re: NEED MORE SENDS, OR???

Hi Rob,

For more outputs, you need an audio interface with more outputs (if I'm understanding your needs right). You could network the two computers (slave/master) to sync things up if that's helpful for separating the physical control instantiation from the audio output instantiation of SAW. But you would need audio on the computer with the multiple output audio interface.

Perhaps other folks could suggest some multichannel audio interfaces for you. I'm not hip to the current crop of offerings.
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts