Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Problem With 768 Vertical Resolution

Just when I thought everything was just "fine" with my new Lenovo 11e (11.6") laptop, I realized that an important part of the Fader window is missing. I can now see the entire fader from top to bottom, but the window is too short to include the MUTE and SOLO buttons. That SUCKS, as I use them all the time.

Am I missing something stupid, or is this about to turn into another two-month stress-fest trying to fix it?

Default Re: Problem With 768 Vertical Resolution

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M View Post
    Just when I thought everything was just "fine" with my new Lenovo 11e (11.6") laptop, I realized that an important part of the Fader window is missing. I can now see the entire fader from top to bottom, but the window is too short to include the MUTE and SOLO buttons. That SUCKS, as I use them all the time.

Am I missing something stupid, or is this about to turn into another two-month stress-fest trying to fix it?
    Which view? The Z Mixer? You should see all the way up past the XY Pan Area IN button. Be sure your resolution is set right. Then be sure the Z Mixer window is fully expanded to the height of the screen.

Maybe you can post a screen grab?
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

Did you copy the Sawstudio_1024x768.fky file to Sawstudio.fky ?

Unfortunately once you do that you have to reconfigure your [F] keys and remember to resave the .fky file (durrr! stating the obvious, ... I know ...I know!)

Hope this helps....
    Robert V.
    www.shinustudios.com
    www.art2ear.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Labrecque View Post
    Which view? The Z Mixer? You should see all the way up past the XY Pan Area IN button. Be sure your resolution is set right. Then be sure the Z Mixer window is fully expanded to the height of the screen.

Maybe you can post a screen grab?
    It's the "E" Mixer.I took a screen shot, but this forum is not allowing me to upload it, regardless of how small I make the file.

My resolution is set correctly. Dang!
    Last edited by Tom M; 08-29-2019 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
    Did you copy the Sawstudio_1024x768.fky file to Sawstudio.fky ?
    Where do I find that file?

Where do I find that file?

copy c:\SAWStudio\Configuration\SAWStudio_1024x768.fky c:\SAWStudio\SAWStudio.fky

Assuming Sawstudio is on c:\

Hope that helps!
    Robert V.
    www.shinustudios.com
    www.art2ear.com

That file "cannot be found" on my system. Did you remember that I have SAW Basic? Perhaps it's not available on this version?
    Last edited by Tom M; 08-29-2019 at 06:24 PM.

You should be able to see from the bottom of the Fader all the way up to the XY switch in the E Mixer view at 768 resolution.

Make sure you have your Windows scaling set to 100%... and not 125 or 150% which changes the resolution to smaller than 768.

Bob L

Bob:

Checked all that. Doesn't make any difference at 100% or 125%. Should my fader window be expandable? I can stretch just about any other window, but that one won't budge at all.

Bob:

Checked all that. Doesn't make any difference at 100% or 125%. Should my fader window be expandable? I can stretch just about any other window, but that one won't budge at all.
    there isn't any way that there won't be a difference between 100% and 125%. Those will be two completely different screen resolutions.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.