Close

Default Recording a heartbeat - does anyone know how?

I listened to a tune I did a while ago and realized that it really should end with a heartbeat - so ideas as to how to record it are welcome. As I am writing this, I'm thinking I have a couple of piezo film guitar pickups - so that is the first experiment - maybe sandwich it between the chest and a soapstone coaster. The song is a statement on capital punishment - so I'll just have to pretend on the end...

Blog Entries

Default Re: Recording a heartbeat - does anyone know how?

jmh,

Why not simply download one....
    * See here....

If not, the use a condenser mic affixed somehow to a stethoscope.

Have a peep at this...

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    Why not simply download one....
    * See here....
    This may work (although I was looking forward to searching for the woman with the appropriate tempo).

Hmm, that sounds a bit Wiensteinistic - maybe I'd better stick to downloaded clips.

Anyway, so far, the piezo pickups didn't work out - but maybe more because they both have a layer of adhesive on them (from the last and next guitar they are mounted in) and pressing them on I was getting more handling noise than anything.

I have also tried tubing in front of a condenser mic which with the proper adjustments may work. I have to look through my plumbing parts - If I find a quick temporary way to mount the mic right in a tee with a cap on the end. I may give it another try.

If anyone I know has a stethoscope I also may give ES' idea a try - maybe shove the earbud up to a cell phone mic - which is like a pin hole. I may find that a lo-fi gets the job done.

Unless you're really into spending some time experimenting (with no guarantee that it'll work out), do yourself a favor and download a sound effect. Rather than picking from the handful of attempts you're able to record, you can pick from dozens. Here's another site: https://www.sounddogs.com/search?key...eat&rec_type=1
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

OK, for your listening pleasure, you guys can check out a shared heartbeat off ES335's recommendation. This song was written by me and i played it with my friend Matt Taylor about 8 years ago (with the exception of heartbeat)...

The Road to Leavenworth

Thumbs up Re: Recording a heartbeat - does anyone know how?

Quote Originally Posted by jmh View Post
    OK, for your listening pleasure, you guys can check out a shared heartbeat off ES335's recommendation. This song was written by me and i played it with my friend Matt Taylor about 8 years ago (with the exception of heartbeat)...

The Road to Leavenworth
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording
    My cats have nine lives; my life has nine cats.