Close

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default SAW64 transport window, always on top, in SAC

Is there a way to have just a transport control window for SAW64 that shows up in SAC, like the "always on top" feature of some RML native plugins? I searched through the manuals,but I didn't catch anything like that.

Default Re: SAW64 transport window, always on top, in SAC

Don't know about the generic transport controls, but the record transport controls will stay present in SAC.

Just hit the "H/S" button on the record transport and it will remain visible and on-top when in SAC.

Edit: you could also look at something like the FaderPort and have physical transport controls for SAW Studio what would always be active.

https://www.presonus.com/products/faderport
    Last edited by cgrafx; 09-06-2019 at 03:31 PM.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrafx View Post
    Don't know about the generic transport controls, but the record transport controls will stay present in SAC.

Just hit the "H/S" button on the record transport and it will remain visible and on-top when in SAC.
    Don't know if it's just been my experience, or the 2-3 systems I've used SAW/SAC together with the transport controls on top, while mixing in SAC, but there's 2 things in particular that I've always had to work around:

1- When first hitting the H/S button on the record transport, more often than not, it will show up on the desktop and without SAC. I usually have to go down to the taskbar and fiddle around with SAC, SAW and the transport a few times before I can get the transport to be visible on top of the SAC window and then be able to also use it to toggle back to SAW. Of course, there's always the SAW/SAC link in the upper left corner of the main window that will toggle between the two programs, but it is a bit annoying when I can't get the transport to sit on top of SAC.

2- The other thing I've found a bit of a hazard and something I've trained myself to avoid, or remember to do, is to NOT press the stop (or pause, too, IIRC) on the transport, while it is visible on top of SAC. I've forced myself to learn to always toggle back to SAW before I stop recording. This is because the few times I have stopped recording without first going back to SAW, it's cause SAW to crash. Fortunately, all wav files are fully recoverable in the SAW session simply by reopening SAW and recalling the session, then saving it... at least as near as I can recall the sequence of events going the last time I even stopped SAW without first making it the active window.

Maybe these are flukes, but maybe they're also worth noting and being aware of the possibility.

I do love being able to see that transport control window on top of SAC, though!

It would be handy tobe ableto operate the SAW transport from SAC (or have the transport always on top) for playback, as well. This would be especially useful for virtual soundchecks: playing back recorded performance tracks through SAC to tweak live mix settings.

You can simply set a blank track to record and use the record transport always ontop for playback as well... just press the SRP button for playback.

Bob L