Close

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: Anyone using Antelope Orion 32+ Gen3?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_es335 View Post
    dbarrow,

Dave, not to disparage you in any way whatsoever, but ... but ... may I ask precisely "how and why" you assert that the Neve, Phoenix, Summit, etc ... "definitely sound better than the Behringer units".

Are such statements such as these more subjective than objective?

If I do appear to be "coming across" - shall I say, as hubristic, it is only because of your use of the term "definitely".

I would really appreciate a response to your use of "definitely sound better".
    Neve Shelford Channel and Phoenix DRS-8 preamps sound better to me than the Behringer units. Is that clear? I heard the difference and I bought them. These are stand alone preamps, not converters. The Orion 32+ is a converter with no preamps. The external preamps are the front end for the AD converters in the Orion 32+. The Focusrite OctoPre units also sound better to me AND they have built in compression, run cool and are built to a higher standard than the Behringer units. I have 5 Behringer ADA8200 units that are in the SAC rack I bought back from the other band I previously worked for. I have built and operated multiple SAC systems for myself and others over the last 10 years.
    Last edited by dbarrow; 09-10-2019 at 06:46 PM.