Close

Default OT: Anyone Had This Windows 10 LTSB Issue?

Once in a while when starting the host with Windows 10 LTSB 64 I am unable to connect with a remote and the reason is an ethernet problem. After running Windows network diagnostics this error is generated. "Ethernet Doesn't Have A Valid IP Address"

I have never had the problem while host is running, only when it is started.

This is what I have to do to fix the problem.

Run Command Prompt as administrator

Type: netsh int ip reset c:\resetlog.txt then press enter

Type: netsh winsock reset then press enter

Type: ipconfig /flushdns then press enter

Type: exit then press enter

Restart the computer

I have never had this issue with other versions of Windows 10 64. Anyone know if there a fix for this. It's a pain and it takes a while to fix. Thanks.

Default Re: OT: Anyone Had This Windows 10 LTSB Issue?

how is your system getting its IP address?

Are you connected to a network?

If the system is using a DHCP server you really shouldn't have to do anything more than disconnect and reconnect the ethernet cable to re-establish the IP address.

Of coarse it shouldn't be losing the IP address to start with.

Flushing the DNS doesn't have anything at all to do with it losing its IP address and you absolutely shouldn't have to restart the computer.

The general implication here is that there is a hardware problem of some kind.

Could be something as simple as a bad ethernet cable or could be failing ethernet port.

All of the the steps you do before restarting the computer are completely useless. The restart will do pretty much all of those steps inherently in the reboot.
    Last edited by cgrafx; 09-10-2019 at 06:32 PM.
    ---------------------------------------
    Philip G.