Close

Default OT: Nashville Studio using SAW

To any Nashville studios who use SAWStudio:I have a client who's recorded several albums worth of material here in Pennsylvania in my SAWStudio based facility. He's moving to Nashville and would like to continue in the SAW format. All his material is on his own USB drive, so everything will be with him if a re-mix would be desired (other than the plugins, of course). I'm sure he'll be most interested in recording new material, however. He's particularly hoping to find an engineer/producer/musician who can add guitar, bass and simple keys -- or other instruments to his songs, as well as guide him through the process. But first... a SAW based studio is his quest. If you have or know of an appropriate studio and are interested in continuing this work, please contact me with a PM or post here on the forum. Thanks.
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording
    My cats have nine lives; my life has nine cats.

Default Re: OT: Nashville Studio using SAW

(Bump).

No qualified (or at least forum reading) SAW studios in Nashville? That surprises me.
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording

We used to have some fairly big-time Nashville engineer on the forum, but that was very, very long ago and I can't remember his name now. I did find this guy online:

http://www.randydorman.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Sean McCoy View Post
    We used to have some fairly big-time Nashville engineer on the forum, but that was very, very long ago and I can't remember his name now. I did find this guy online:

http://www.randydorman.com/
    Thank you, Sean. Interestingly, I just got a call from my client last night telling me he's returned home, as Nashville wasn't what he'd expected. He found the music scene to be "too corporate" with only the songwriter open mic scene presenting any original material. He expected to find bands playing original music all over town, but they all were just cover bands playing "the same music". So on the positive side, I have my client back, but on the negative side, he's disappointed with Nashville.
    Richard
    Green Valley Recording

I'm sure he's not alone in being disappointed with Nashville.

Interesting. I recently spent a week in Nashville and really enjoyed the music scene. I'm not into the modern version of country-pop-hiphop, so I avoided places where that was the fare, but saw several acts in several venues with a lot of original music. I would think a singer-songwriter or musician would enjoy the venues that feature the open-mic approach. Like anything worthwhile, it takes significant time, perseverance, and effort.
    Mike Bizanovich
    Wheeling, WV

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bizanovich View Post
    Interesting. I recently spent a week in Nashville and really enjoyed the music scene. I'm not into the modern version of country-pop-hiphop, so I avoided places where that was the fare, but saw several acts in several venues with a lot of original music. I would think a singer-songwriter or musician would enjoy the venues that feature the open-mic approach. Like anything worthwhile, it takes significant time, perseverance, and effort.
    Did you play any open-mics, Mike?
    Dave "it aint the heat, it's the humidity" Labrecque
    Becket, Massachusetts

I didn't play any but was in attendance at a couple. Very enjoyable.
    Mike Bizanovich
    Wheeling, WV

Guilty as charged...It's me! and if someone will tell me how to upload an mp3 I will let you hear what I recorded into SS this morning with real musicians and no overdubs!

This is not to showoff, it's to prove how Fantastic Saw Studio is!!!..it is the best...hands down!!!!
    Last edited by TGB; 11-19-2019 at 05:05 PM. Reason: Add to post