Close

Default Hot Track Selection (can someone please verify correct functioning?)

Hot Track Selection

> The [Down-Arrow] key or the [Up-Arrow] key increments or decrements the current Hot Track by one. (this works ok)

> Pressing [Shift-Down-Arrow] or [Shift-Up-Arrow] increments or decrements the current Hot Track by one page (MultiTrack height). (this works ok)

my issue is:

> Pressing [Ctrl-Down-Arrow] or [Ctrl-Up-Arrow] sets the current Hot Track to the first or last track.
    This results in the following:
    Pressing [Ctrl-Down-Arrow] Last track (track 120) becomes the Hot track.
    Pressing [Ctrl-Up-Arrow] First track becomes the Hot track (I always put Output 1 on top so this becomes the hot track (ignoring which track was the hot track to begin with)

I normally use XMBC X-Mouse Button Control to slow the cursor down to make accurate setting of PAN and Level a bit easier but removing it did not make any difference.

Would appreciate if someone could verify that is is or is not working correctly!

Thanks!
    Robert V.
    www.shinustudios.com
    www.art2ear.com

Default Re: Hot Track Selection (can someone please verify correct functioning?)

Unless you've also reordered your track channels, Ctrl/down-arrow should take you to the Control Track.
    There was something about having to reset the track order when first installing SAW, back when Bob first increased the channel count sometime ago. I don't recall what needs to be done, but is it possible that you're working with a version of SAW that needs to have the channel order reset?

Everything else checks with how I am accustomed to seeing it.

Default Re: Hot Track Selection (can someone please verify correct functioning?)

Hi UpTillDawn!

Thanks for your quick response;

You are correct in stating what is currently happening, and if you move the control track somewhere else, Ctrl+Down Arrow still goes to the last track (120 in my settup)
    Ctrl Arrow Up or Down seems to go all the way up or down no matter where the Hot Track is, which if I read the manual correctly is not how it's supposed to work.

Btw., My setup is SS full V5.8a

Cheers....
    Robert V.
    www.shinustudios.com
    www.art2ear.com

That is the correct operation... Shift-Ctrl up or down arrow jumps to the next or prev section (Input, Returns, Outputs).

Bob L

Quote Originally Posted by RobertV View Post
    Hi UpTillDawn!

Thanks for your quick response;

You are correct in stating what is currently happening, and if you move the control track somewhere else, Ctrl+Down Arrow still goes to the last track (120 in my settup)
    Ctrl Arrow Up or Down seems to go all the way up or down no matter where the Hot Track is, which if I read the manual correctly is not how it's supposed to work.

Btw., My setup is SS full V5.8a

Cheers....
    As Bob says - yours is working as it is designed.
    I'm guessing, now, that you want the control track, or some other specific track to be the designated hot track, when you use Ctrl/Arrow, or some other hotkey combo and you're not getting it - right?

My best suggestion is to move that desired track as close to one of the default locations and then scroll, or arrow up/down to it from there after you've used the key combo of choice. Not a simple task, granted. I don't have an answer for that.

You can create an F-Key that jumps to a specific track by using the F-Key options that select a hot track as part of the F-Key.

Bob L

Thanks Bob I'll try that, Does not achive the same thing though!

if the following worked as stated it would improve my workflow, not a showstopper though! All the same I can't see any use for the the way it works at the moment, but others might differ!

> Pressing [Ctrl-Down-Arrow] or [Ctrl-Up-Arrow] sets the current Hot Track to the first or last track.

Cheers....
    Robert V.
    www.shinustudios.com
    www.art2ear.com